Thread: Charity?

Default Charity?

Well hello everyone! Long time no post haha. So much has happened to me in the last few months. I have been making progress at work with our social media program and web programs, My boss offered me a promotion to a sales position, my first semester of college is coming to an end and I might be able to pull off a 4.0 for the first term, I made two great friends in college, just so much has happened. I even for the first time ever felt that I was no longer depressed.

Now for the minor set back...which surprisingly isn't too much. My best friends from college dropped out to join the Navy, which I was a bit sad, b/c one of them we were getting real close with each other, I thought I was going to have a relationship soon, but alas no go.

anyways for the real point of this post. I want to, for this winter, do something charitable. I feel that it will help a ton of people and give me a feeling of self worth.

Here are my ideas currently:

1.Have a coat drive where people donate their old(slightly used) coats and I donate them to like a church, or homeless shelter, etc.

2.Have people/stores donate boots for the homeless/needy.

3. Have people donate money to feed the needy

Those are just some ideas that I have at the moment. I personally like numbers 1 and 2, since number 3 is done ALL the time. What are you opinions about my ideas? Let me know what ever you think about them. Also, if someone could give me some more ideas that would be great too.

Thanks a million!

Easiest and probably most fun thing you can do is volunteer at a community kitchen. Its a chance to help homeless people, socialize and develop some cooking skills all at the same time.