Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Story About Diapers

Default Weird Story About Diapers

For all of us, as abdls, we all know that most people would find us wierd. The other truth is that most people don't even know we exist. I attended a cast party for "The Wiz". While there with some friends, my one friend emily said "oh I have to pee sooo bad." and kate responded "well then go!" and emily said "I don't feel like it" and then kate responded " You know, it would be easier just to wear diapers, like all those people who need them. They can just go and not have to worry about getting up." Then my friend Emily tells us a story about how her friend in 8th grade said that she wanted denim diapers for her birthdy. Jokingly of course but nonetheless emily got them for her and continued the joke. I never knew denim diapers or whatever existed! Anways they kept joking around about all of the diaper stuff and I'm just thinking "yeah if only they knew I was a dl." and stuff. But i dont know where im going with this now. It's just that I want all abdl's to be accepted into a society where we don't have to hide ourselves or fear for others finding out our secrets. So that little story she told was fun and bothersome at the same time.

Interesting. To be honest, I don't think sexuality is anything to be shared, whether gay, straight, or DL. People want to fight for equal rights and stuff, but would it still be a problem if society simply didn't know?

JDdl

Quote Originally Posted by turtleie View Post
    Interesting. To be honest, I don't think sexuality is anything to be shared, whether gay, straight, or DL. People want to fight for equal rights and stuff, but would it still be a problem if society simply didn't know?
    i have to sadly agree

Leonard

its not a sexuality for me though, but i still don't see it getting that acceptance that gays get any time soon

WarrenW

Except for when I come here, I really don't tell anyone about that stuff. It's none of their business and probably TMI both ways. You don't have to stand up in public and proclaim it to the world, I think sometimes you (and maybe everybody else) are better off just keeping quiet.

I had a similar discussion with my wife today. Basically I said that it's hard for people to understand something which they themselves don't feel or experience. This is one reason why straight people will think being gay is a choice. They base their beliefs on their own experiences. If they aren't attracted to someone of the same sex, it seems abnormal to them and almost fictional. We all do it to some degree, basing our understanding of things as they manifest themselves to us.

Wearing diapers is not going to be understood by many people because most people don't have the desire. In fact, wanting to wear diapers would never occur to them. Then of course, there are all the bad stereotypes presented by the media such as episodes on Jerry Springer, or diaper sites on the internet showing fat middle aged men wearing only a diaper. No matter what we may want in terms of the publics acceptance of us, it will always be an uphill battle. There's just too much to overcome.

I agree the media never portrays us well it's always one of the weird ab/dls on tv

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I had a similar discussion with my wife today. Basically I said that it's hard for people to understand something which they themselves don't feel or experience. This is one reason why straight people will think being gay is a choice. They base their beliefs on their own experiences. If they aren't attracted to someone of the same sex, it seems abnormal to them and almost fictional. We all do it to some degree, basing our understanding of things as they manifest themselves to us.
    This is a dangerous philosophical line to walk, as it invariably leads to people making statements such as, "you cannot understand/help/appreciate X if you are not X," which is absurd.

As for me along this dimension, I think sexuality and orientation is a strange thing. I think of how odd it would be for me if the world encouraged me to like penises and want one inside me. This is how I map the probable experience of orientation: it would be just as odd for a homosexual man to be confronted with desiring the trappings of female sexuality and genitalia.

I suspect the problem is more basic than you lay out, dogboy. People who are willing, able, and mindful enough to try to burrow their way out of their own existence to see someone else's perspective are few and far between. It is easier--insofar as time-wise, philosophically, and now in accord with popular culture--to only see things from a presented perspective and leave it at that. Do I need to be homosexual to have an appreciation of being gay? No. In the same way, as we are no one else but ourselves, do we need to be someone else to appreciate them and what it is probably like to be them? No.

Given the choice of either all-or-nothing (e.g. "we can never know anything about anything outside of ourselves, as we can never be outside of ourselves, so it's worthless to even bother" versus "we can never have certainty, but then we never have certainty about anything, even ourselves, so it is probably 'good enough' given enough insight"), I'd take the latter.

If we are to draw lines and demarcate the known, unknown, and unknowable, I suspect this is a reasonable way to go.

OP: it's as difficult for someone not into AB/DL behaviors to think their way through it as it would be for me to imagine someone getting off on having something put in their rectum. I can picture it, sure. There are nerve-endings there, yes. I can probably think through it just fine; well enough to have a rough idea of what it's like. And for me--as for non-AB/DLs--this is good enough and lets me sit back, shrug, and understand without having absolute knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    [...]diaper sites on the internet showing fat middle aged men wearing only a diaper
    Hey! I resemble this remark! : /

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    This is a dangerous philosophical line to walk, as it invariably leads to people making statements such as, "you cannot understand/help/appreciate X if you are not X," which is absurd.

As for me along this dimension, I think sexuality and orientation is a strange thing. I think of how odd it would be for me if the world encouraged me to like penises and want one inside me. This is how I map the probable experience of orientation: it would be just as odd for a homosexual man to be confronted with desiring the trappings of female sexuality and genitalia.

I suspect the problem is more basic than you lay out, dogboy. People who are willing, able, and mindful enough to try to burrow their way out of their own existence to see someone else's perspective are few and far between. It is easier--insofar as time-wise, philosophically, and now in accord with popular culture--to only see things from a presented perspective and leave it at that. Do I need to be homosexual to have an appreciation of being gay? No. In the same way, as we are no one else but ourselves, do we need to be someone else to appreciate them and what it is probably like to be them? No.

Given the choice of either all-or-nothing (e.g. "we can never know anything about anything outside of ourselves, as we can never be outside of ourselves, so it's worthless to even bother" versus "we can never have certainty, but then we never have certainty about anything, even ourselves, so it is probably 'good enough' given enough insight"), I'd take the latter.

If we are to draw lines and demarcate the known, unknown, and unknowable, I suspect this is a reasonable way to go.

OP: it's as difficult for someone not into AB/DL behaviors to think their way through it as it would be for me to imagine someone getting off on having something put in their rectum. I can picture it, sure. There are nerve-endings there, yes. I can probably think through it just fine; well enough to have a rough idea of what it's like. And for me--as for non-AB/DLs--this is good enough and lets me sit back, shrug, and understand without having absolute knowledge.

Hey! I resemble this remark! : /
    Yes, I agree. It's because of this inability to at least be empathetic on at least an intellectual basis that so many people can't comprehend anyone who is different from them, but then, most people don't possess the intellectual ability. Their mentality doesn't get much further than.."Hey, I really like those rims on your car...uhuh, uhuh, uhuh!" Here is where the Tea Party mentality rises to the occasion still insisting that homosexuality is a sin against God, and thus homosexuals must be censured in some way. I wonder how extreme that mentality would react to adult babies!

There is also the other side of the coin. When I was a student at the Choir College, most of the gay students who I socialized with were absolutely certain that all males were gay. They just hadn't realized it. I could not talk them out of that belief. This is what brought me to the conclusion at an early age, that people judge others based on their own self awareness. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that I'm bi, and can at least emotionally feel how others must feel. But you are right. There are a lot of fetishes I completely don't understand and have little empathy for. It won't be any time soon when I will be breaking into some strange woman's house in order to sniff her shoes. That's definitely a yuck thing for me, but there are those who are compelled to do it. It's for that very reason that I can conclude that most people would look upon us with non-understanding and unfortunately, disdain. I don't feel disdain for the shoe fetish people because I'm not hard to spot in a wet diaper, but I don't understand where they're coming from. I suppose that in itself is somewhat laughable.