Thread: I'm so confused....

Default I'm so confused....

Guys, I need some help here. I've been feeling really weird lately. Well, for the past couple of months, really. I get angry much easier than before, I barely smile anymore, my parents annoy me, and I basically lock myself in my room every day after school. At school, I'm mocked because of the things I like and the way I act. In a town where sports is the main topic of every subject, I'm a social outcast. I feel alone most of the time, since my friends all go to a different school now, and I feel like I'm losing touch with them. Sometimes I just want to run as fast as I can, to someplace where I can be alone, and just scream my ass off. When I try and ignore them, the anger inside of me builds, until I just burst out at the people I care about, and when I talk back, I'm always outnumbered and eventually quieted. I try and fit in, but I always end up looking like an ass. Why do I even try? I don't even want to fit in with them, yet I don't want to be alone. And to top it all off, my mind and body have been filled with all of these weird feelings and emotions all at once. I think about things that I've never thought about before, I feel things that I've never felt before, and it's all just so confusing! I need to talk to someone, anyone, who feels that they can help me. I feel as if this site is where my true friends are. So please, help me, talk to me, help me understand what's going on.

Sounds like acute depression, to me. They say if it lasts more than a couple week, you may wanna seek help. Since you're at a couple months, well...there ya go.

Me? I'm bipolar. I treat my issue with Omega 3 trans fatty acids. I don't know if it would work for you or not, but...either way, I'd go talk to a professional first.

hey... it sounds like you're having a bit of a social crisis... to be honest, I felt very similar when I was your age. High School left me in a pit of invisibility that I couldn't break out of. depression and anger completely consumed me and I became a shell of a person. I know that circumstances are a bit different but on a lot of levels, I can relate. I especially understand your inability to just be "normal." normalcy is something that some people can never obtain.
    anyway, if you ever want to chat, my PM is entirely open ^.^
    people tend to find talking to me comforting... who knows? maybe I can help. at very least, I'm someone willing to listen.

either way, I wish you luck. the world is never an easy place to dwell. one way or another though, most of us learn to survive... just don't give up who you are in the process.

Part of the problem is your age of 14. Puberty can be a bitch. As for the social issues, you need to think seriously about survival skills in high school. I talk about the kids survival manual in my novel. Though no such thing is in print, every kid knows it exists. Try to get outside yourself and evaluate yourself. Listen to what you are saying. Sometimes, less is more, especially in public school. Look around you and access what all the others are doing and saying. Are you similar or different?

Are there clubs or activities in your school that you might be interested in? That's at least a place to meet others with similar interests. Are there people your age who live near by. When I was in high school, I had my at school friends, and my at home friends. They were different people for the most part. Can you get back together with your old friends on the weekend? Would your parents help with this, and have you spoken to them about this? You shouldn't be dealing with this alone.

Lastly, if life is closing in on you, talk, to your parents and see about getting some sort of counselor or psychologist. You shouldn't have to go through the next 4 years miserable. Life should be better than that. I think you need to find a really good friend in whom you can share your life. If this seems impossible, then find an adult such as a counselor who could help.

Irritation is a major sign of puberty. Given that you're 14, I'm going to assume that's the case.
    When I was 15-16 I was constantly pissed off, even at things that didn't even matter. For example: My mom asking me to take out the trash.

Puberty sucks, mostly because there is no such thing as a normal teenager, especially not at such a young age. This anger is completely understandable, and something everyone else has gone to. The thing is, *spoiler alert* it doesn't get much easier as you go. This does not give you license to do something dumb. However, it does give you reason to love life all the more.

As the world rushes on in its chaotic ways, you have every reason to stop and smell the flowers, get stung by a bee, and learn to not sniff any more flowers. LIfe will throw curveballs until you're used to them, and then switch it up. You jsut have to remember it's the little things that matter the most. You may not have many people you feel understand you, but you know that we exist. You aren't alone, just look at how many people are active in the chat box right now. There is always someone willing to talk to you, and not only about how much life sucks and so on, but you're favorite type of cereal or which episode of Law & Order was the best.

The best thing to remember throughout this time in your life is that Life Sucks, Love's a B****, and Mickey Mouse is just a rat wearing pants. But if you look beyond that you realize that Life Is Better Than The Alternative, Love Will Wait For You, and Minnie Mouse was funnier anyway.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by BlushingBunny; 21-Nov-2010 at 06:41.