Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adult swim diaper as a diaper cover

Default adult swim diaper as a diaper cover

as you can probably tell by the title I'm wondering if anyone here own a swim diaper and uses it outside of the pool/water settings as a type of plastic pants over their diaper. Swim Diapers thats the one I'm getting which states it can be used like plastic pants. I'm just wondering if anyone else has these and if they would be effective. the reason I'm getting them instead of regular plastic pants is they seem like they would last much longer, have Velcro fasteners so there easy to get on and off and seems like a material that will not be as bulky or crinkly as regular plastic pants.

BernardFx

Hmm... although I don't wear cloth myself, I think you can use an AIO diaper, like this one: ABUniverse AIO Adult Cloth Diapers (note, ABUniverse has a bad history of customer service and delivery, I wouldn't recommend you get stuff from here; I just used it for an example)

Your idea seems quite interesting, though.

0_0 FOr a second I tought you where posting about how Adult Swim was selling diaper covers. I was like... EH? WHAT?! WTF?! That's not normal....

I had the feeling that adult swim diapers were a lot thicker and bulkier than normal plastic pants.
    Try some polyeurathane (euroflex) high waisted plastic pants from Protex Medical : Home
    They last for AGES but are a bit crinkly.
    My protex call them Eurosoft.

Loopygone

Also Swim diapers tend not to be waterproof. They usually let liquids through, and are designed just to keep solids from floating free as it were. So they'd make pretty poor PP's replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    0_0 FOr a second I tought you where posting about how Adult Swim was selling diaper covers. I was like... EH? WHAT?! WTF?! That's not normal....
    I wouldn't put it past Adult Swim. I could see MC Peepants official diaper covers as a promotional item for Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopy View Post
    Also Swim diapers tend not to be waterproof. They usually let liquids through, and are designed just to keep solids from floating free as it were. So they'd make pretty poor PP's replacements.
    the reason that i got them was because they are indeed waterproof if you follow the link it states "They are crafted of an exceptionally sturdy and stretchy material that is waterproof on the outside, yet lightly flocked with absorbent fleece on the inside" i got them to be waterproof and more form fitting and quiet then normal plastic pants. I would imagine normal swim diapers might allow fluids through but this particular pair I'm getting do not. the reason I'm not using an AIO diaper is because of the added bulk which i don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    ... wondering if anyone else has these and if they would be effective.
    I have those. They are designed to contain stool, not urine. They have a bit of bulk to themselves.

No, I don't think they would work as a substitute to a pair of Suprima plastic pants.

i feel they make a great diaper cover, almost as much support as a nice tight onesie. i prefer the DTO explorers

just got my order in the mail a few days ago and I would have to say it works very well as a pair of plastic pants. I did get the DTO explorer that i linked to earlier and as bebe huey said they provide excellent support, reduce the bulk and noise of the diaper greatly and do not add too much bulk in general when wearing. they also provide a little absorbency by themselves as its lined in case of leaks.
    on a side note if anyone does order one I usually wear a size med diaper (currently a abena M3) i have a 32 inch waist but ordered the large DTO swim pant to accommodate the bulk. it fits perfectly on the tightest setting which leaves plenty of room for bulkier diapers and room as i grow.