Thread: I'm back again! [Good News]

Default I'm back again! [Good News]

Hey all,

I'm not even sure how many of you will remember me at this point. I've been away for quite a while, and the last time I "returned" I didn't end up sticking around for long.

Well, the reason for that was that I was having some issues with my fiancee regarding diapers. If you've read some of my old posts, you know that after we got engaged she pretty much attacked my fetish and tried to make me "quit". Long story short, I told her that wasn't quite how it worked, but she didn't listen.

I seriously considered ending the relationship, however I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. She'd been kind of sick for a while, and I was doing my best to take care of her and not stress her out too much. During that time, I was pretty frustrated and I couldn't bear to come here, as reading about others wearing diapers and how great they were, etc., just made me depressed.

Fast forward a couple months to this past weekend, and something amazing happened. We had a marriage preparation class (I thought it was going to blow, but much to my surprise, it did not), at which we had a number of exploratory activities where we shared our views on things and explored our opinions of each other.

One of the activities was to write a "love letter" about our biggest worries about the upcoming marriage. I, of course, alluded to diapers in a sort of indirect way under the category of openness (she has some things I'd like her to open up to me about too, though not of a similar nature). At the end of the activity, we exchanged letters and read.

Much to my surprise, in her letter she came right out and said that she thought that I was probably worried about "the diapers" and that she used to fear them, but doesn't anymore. She said she didn't have a problem with me wearing them "when I need to". Although it wasn't exactly an outright acceptance, I was ecstatic and tears welled up in my eyes.

Later in the day we talked and laid out some new ground rules. Basically she doesn't want me doing it every day, but when I do it she wants me to do it at work (used to wear them there all the time) and that she's not yet ready for me to wear them to bed. We also came to some agreements on protocols for ordering them - ironically, she's much more concerned with discreet shipping than I am. I guess I came to terms with myself years ago, and I couldn't care less if the box came to my doorstep with a big "ADULT DIAPERS" label down the side.

So, it's not all exactly as I'd like it, but it's a HUGE step in the right direction! In light of that, this place no longer depresses me and I hope to spend more time here again.

Congrats! It's so important to have someone who realizes that compromise is important in a relationship, and to validate this as part of who you are. And I also respect you a lot for having done the same on your end as well.

Wow, that's quite the accomplishment there Chevre. Glad to hear things starting to sort themselves out. It always seems acceptance comes smaller steps at a time, so it certainly sounds like you're on the right track. Most of all glad to hear you're doing well. I'm not here much but seeing as I remember you I figured I could at least offer a friendly welcome back.

Yeah, it has been awhile since I have seen you! But it's nice to see things have changed for the better. Now all you have to do is go back in the IRC with your computery wisdom!

Still odd to see that you wear at work, but not in the house. But I guess it's whatever you are comfortable with.

Welcome back. I'm so happy that you've worked things out regarding diapers with your fiancée. More than a little jealous too. But I wouldn't bother with IRC anymore.

The great programming Goat is back. Tis a day of rejoice and merriment.

Thanks for the greets, guys! And just to clarify, I used to be 24/7. Just at work is only 'cause she's not ready for me to wear them around her yet.

And yep, programming more than ever :-). Just finished out my first year out in the industry in June.

Hi, chevre. Welcome back, and, of course, I remember you. That's great news about the softer, more accepting position that your future wife has taken concerning your diapers. Given time, she will probably become even more supportive about your diaper wearing , or at the least, more indifferent. By the way, have you and your lady set a date for the wedding yet ? Take care, and best of luck. Visit here more often, if you can.

From another one who's been on here for awhile, welcome back. Living with another who doesn't wear involves compromises, which you are working on. In my case, I get my wife on and off a dialysis machine 5 nights a week. Wearing cloth and plastic makes me less than pleasant, smell wise in the morning (just pee), so I wear on the two nights we don't dialyse, or I get up a little before I take her off the machine and change. She's actually very accepting of my lifestyle and buys me "little" clothes. It's just the smell that bothers her.

My point is that I hope your fiance will learn to accept this a little more, and that you can work out a day or two when you can wear at home. I personally think it's important to you.

Cool! It's allways a good thing to have someone at least accept you for who you are. Although whenever people say that before, it's funny how fast they take it back. Well glad to have you back then. And hope to hear some of your opinions.