Thread: About North Shore care

tb123

Default About North Shore care

I was wondering if they accepted prepay visas????

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. The last time I bought from them, it looked like they would accept any credit/debit/gift card from a major company. But the easiest way to find out would be to email the company and ask.

If it has a 16-digit credit card number, a CVV2 code on the back and the VISA logo, then yes, yes they do. They shouldn't know the difference between a pre-pay and a regular VISA card when running it through their system.

Quote Originally Posted by www.visa.com
    Can I use my Visa Gift card for online or phone purchases?

• Yes. However, to make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the issuing provider, or by visiting their web site.
    • When you make an online or phone purchase, the name, address, and phone number you use will need to be exactly the same as the information you provided when registering your card. If the information is different, the transaction may be declined.
    • You can verify or update your information by visiting the card provider's web site, or by contacting them using the toll-free number provided in your card documentation.

Visa Gift Card - FAQ | Personal | Visa USA

Quote Originally Posted by tb123 View Post
    I was wondering if they accepted prepay visas????

Why don't you email them instead of asking on here?

Some of the cards don't work online. The purple ones that load $20-$200 (Vanilla Visa) have never failed me. Except for that one time with Paypal. But you need to use Greendot cards with Paypal.
    The Greendot prepaid Visas are totally the best, but you need an SSN to activete it. (done online)

I've long wondered about North Shore Care, since they're just on the other side of Chicago from me; by the same token, I've been so enamored with XP Medical and Bambino's customer service, I've never had the opportunity to order from them. They're probably a quality company, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Because the OP is 15, and the vendor in question primarily caters to adults with incontinence issues. They might not understand the question. We, on the other hand, understand all the reasons for his question, without having to get into uncomfortable background issues.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper
    Because the OP is 15, and the vendor in question primarily caters to adults with incontinence issues. They might not understand the question. We, on the other hand, understand all the reasons for his question, without having to get into uncomfortable background issues.
    I'm sure incontinence isn't an issue that pops up suddenly on your 18th birthday, so they should definitely also be interested to selling to older teens who can/want to handle their incontinence issues themselves rather than letting their parents do it. In addition, I can't think of a legal framework that would prohibit the sale of diapers to minors, so the company should well be interested in answering even the questions of teens about their products.

Last but not least: I'm sure that there's enough people in the U.S. who lack the credit to get a normal credit card and thus need to rely on prepaid ones. There's no need to tell the company you're a minor, just tell them you only have a prepaid credit card to use and inquire whether or not that'll work.
    After all, prepaid credit cards have a big advantage for companies: They don't have to fear losing the money again in case the transactions turns out to be fraudulent or not backed by any credit on the buyer's side. So there's no credit risk for the vendor - they should totally love that idea and thank every customer for using a prepaid card!

Yes, North Shore Care will accept the prepaid visa gift cards which are 25, 50 or 100 dollars. These cards are identical for billing purposes as a normal visa, you can even be refunded to one. (The mastercards by the same company also work)

The GreenDot cards I have not used with them, but they should also be accepted (I have bought diapers with one from another site).

As long as the card has online registration (or over the phone) to get your address info, and it has a 3 digit number on the back where you sign, chances are they will work with any online retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    Because he chose to ask an educated forum of like-minded individuals. :p

Yes, they will accept prepaid cards, but as DCViper stated, the card will probably have to be registered with a billing address online. Most online merchants nowadays cross-reference the billing zip code to prevent credit card fraud. Not a big deal.