Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feelin' Vanilla

Default Feelin' Vanilla

Hey ADISC, long time no posting.

I suppose this post doubles as an explanation as to why I haven't posted since my introduction post ages ago. I feel like my DLism is super boring and vanilla. Im not particularly into regression, messing grosses me out, not interested in frilly babyish stuff, yadda yadda yadda. I just like to wear a diaper now and then. I try going on the chat every once and a while, but every time I do I feel like I just dont fit in what with all the babytalk and stuff. I'd like to post more often and be a part of the community, but I feel like all of my few stories are either irrelevant or boring (i.e. first time buying diapers, which at this point is done to a crisp.) For someone with a relatively obscure fetish, I feel vanilla as hell.

Is there anybody else like me, or am I just boring?

Yea Im somewhat like you. Dont have stories, not down for the baby talk, I mostly hang out in diaper chat even then i find most of the topics irrelevent to me. oh well

This site is not all about that kind of stuff. There is a lot more to life than diapers, and this site and the people that frequent it seem to get it. You don't need to be into all of that to be here.

Nor are you "boring". People like what they like and a bunch of people here don't do much more than chill in diapers sometimes, but to address your points: Regression is more an AB thing. Strict DL's just like the diapers. Not the little kid stuff that goes with it. The frilly stuff is entirely different territory as well. I believe that is "sissy" territory (if you are a guy). Again, not something every DL likes. Messing IS gross. A lot of people don't like it. Heck, some people don't even use the diapers at all. They just wear them from time to time. Baby talk is generally discouraged in the forums, so you certainly don't need to be in to that.

And you don't need an amazing story about how you peed yourself in fear over buying diapers, which somehow summoned a magical fairy to your side who transported you to crazy land to diaper you up all snug and nice to fit in. Not many people have crazy stories (that are true). Some do, but the majority don't. A lot of people post more on non-diaper related topics than they do in regards to diapers, regression, etc. so no worries about that.

For some people, this isn't even a "fetish" as most people think of it. As in they aren't turned on by it. It can be a comfort thing. And some people may be more of a little kid/little fur than a diaper lover/baby and not even focus a ton on the diapers. This is mostly me by the way.

In other words, you are cool here. Don't worry so much about that stuff and post/reply to things that interest you. More non-diaper stuff actually may be appreciated.

Hey, to each their own...we all find our place here in the ABDL universe

Teehee, I wasn't even into ANY of this stuff for the first two years I was on this site, and I still managed to find things to talk about, you're just not looking in the right places.

Just because you're not in the same situation as someone doesn't mean you can't empathise with them, or give them advice.

Seriously, just dive in

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who share the same outlook. You don't tend to see it online as much as it doesn't NEED to be online as much. I fall into broadly the same category. The AB stuff is of no interest to me, I just enjoy wearing from time to time, with varying degrees of usage depending on mood. I've built a small but valued circle of friends who are amenable to that sort of activity, but beyond that have nothing exciting to share. Nothing wrong with that!

Don't worry about it. I too feel a bit vanilla in this community. I don't care for any AB aspect of it, I don't enjoy messing at all (although I have given it a try), and I don't like ageplay or regression.

To me it's purely sexual and just allows me some comfort when wearing. I feel like I can relax and enjoy something that is a bit different than everyone else. It's a good fantasy.

GoodJams1

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Teehee, I wasn't even into ANY of this stuff for the first two years I was on this site, and I still managed to find things to talk about, you're just not looking in the right places.

Just because you're not in the same situation as someone doesn't mean you can't empathize with them, or give them advice.

Seriously, just dive in
    There's nothing wrong with us who are vanilla. Why can't some of you accept the fact that not everyone who likes diapers are into all this ABDL stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodJams1 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with us who are vanilla. Why can't some of you accept the fact that not everyone who likes diapers are into all this ABDL stuff.
    When she says "ANY of this stuff", this includes diapers. She didn't identify as any flavor of AB or DL until recently. You're looking for an argument where there isn't one in this case. This thread has had nothing but supportive messages, so let's work with that theme. While I'm sure there are people out there who would say you had a problem for not liking baby things, there are also people out there who would say you have a problem for not enjoying a bath in barbeque sauce and I doubt you're spending a lot of time worried about them.

To the OP: only liking diapers means if you have to conceal a stash, you don't have to worry about clothes or other weird stuff in strange sizes. Accessories can be fun but they're also a hassle. You can participate in any part of the site as long as you're a good, respectful contributor and we have lots going on that isn't related to diapers at all if you would like to talk about something else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by philder74 View Post
    I'm sure there are plenty of folks who share the same outlook. You don't tend to see it online as much as it doesn't NEED to be online as much. I fall into broadly the same category. The AB stuff is of no interest to me, I just enjoy wearing from time to time, with varying degrees of usage depending on mood. I've built a small but valued circle of friends who are amenable to that sort of activity, but beyond that have nothing exciting to share. Nothing wrong with that!
    I think the poster above raises a good point; with *B activities, it's more likely that roleplay is a part of the picture. Since a lot of us don't know anyone willing to participate IRL, it's only natural a lot of *Bs would come online to get that need fulfilled. If all you need to feel happy is a diaper on your butt (and not the sometimes-associated 'little' feeling) then of course, you don't need to come online to talk about it. People who DO come online just to talk about their diaper and its status are often looked upon as creeps, anyway.

I wouldn't be concerned if you don't feel the need to be online as much as others. And remember there are other topics here you can discuss. The best brands of diapers, for instance, how to conceal diaper usage, or even more general things like sports, politics, religion, sexuality... all with people who you know won't judge you on your padding.

I do sympathise with the 'vanilla' feeling. I felt that way too (still do sometimes, actually) when I first joined. I was a simple ageplayer (thought of myself as about 10, no diapers) exploring TB feelings. A year or so later and I identify as a babyfur (still slightly older), have a caretaker, wear (and use) diapers and baby others frequently.

Sometimes I do wonder if this is still really who I am. I know I like wearing, but I do think part of what made me change is 'peer pressure'; YOU try and get attention from carers in an RP when you're a normal 10-year-old surrounded by kids under 5.

So I don't really have a lot of advice here, except perhaps try and be open to new things, and that I really do understand how feeling too 'normal' can make you feel like you somehow 'don't belong' here. *hug*