Thread: interesting thing my mom said

Default interesting thing my mom said

Im not sure if this should be in diaper talk or here but either way.

I coming home from the dentist this morning and was telling my mom about the conversations
    that I had with the dentist's, and they had mentioned thumbsucking and the effect it had on peoples teeth (not talking about me).
    One of them also talked about not letting her kids get attached to things like blankie's, we (me and my mom) had a short conversation about this but I was shocked when she said "I think that as long as it makes someone feel better about life or more comfortable NO MATTER WHAT IT IS they should be allowed to have it". (I forget how she worded the part after no matter what it is but you get the point). WOW I just got all silent and was thinking would that include diapers??? I thought this was interesting what are your thoughts.

Don't get your hopes up. My parents still say the phrase "whatever floats your boat" and say that they'll accept anything yet have sent me to a psychologist to get me cured of tbism and have banned me from having anything to do with it (they failed to understand it was a private kind of thing and so they wouldn't know if I was doing it ). What people say they would do and how they react in a situation are two very different things.

The fact she said that would suggest that she is more likely to accept it, or at least ignore it because she considers herself to be open minded whether in reality she is or isn't. However, I can say from personal experience you can't just assume that to be true.

Well your mom might understand if you were to tell her...But why risk it? It's just best to leave it how it is...If she were to ever find you though, you can at least hope that she might not like freak out or something...

could have been just one of those things, people say that is meaningless, see if it comes up again, if it does she may know more than you think she knows....

I wish my mom had been that accepting. I agree with Pojo; if you do get caught, it probably will go better than most. I would still go on as you were, doing it on your time in your own privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by yogonu View Post
    she said "I think that as long as it makes someone feel better about life or more comfortable NO MATTER WHAT IT IS they should be allowed to have it".
    heroin makes people feel better about life but i doubt your mom or anyone else would suggest that people should be allowed to have it.

it's a nice thing to say, but i don't think you should read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    heroin makes people feel better about life but i doubt your mom or anyone else would suggest that people should be allowed to have it.

it's a nice thing to say, but i don't think you should read too much into it.
    Indeed. And what if someone feels better after doing something evil? I think a better way to phrase it, and probably what she really meant, is that if it makes someone feel better without causing anyone to suffer, then they should be allowed to have it. And that's a pretty sensible idea, I think most people would say they think that.

But what people think and what people do are different things. If, for example, someones child just told them they enjoy wearing diapers, they'd probably be too confused or overwhelmed by emotions to think logically about it, and so they wouldn't realise it's fine because no one suffers as a result.

People say they're really open minded... but we can't predict how we'll act in situations we've never been in. The world would be a lot easier if we could!

I think what most people have said is right on target. What people say in one situation and what they actually do are two totally different things. Anyone can say, "You can always count on me," but do they really mean that?

My moms said stuff like this before. She had a gay friend who she moved in with once. Not as a lover or anything like that. anyways once I told her I was TB she sort of flipped. she still kept it from everyone else for about 4 years. Until me and her got into a big fight. Then she told my sister and my "step-dad".

Oh then to make up for it she says "I Still love you, just not that part of you."