Thread: Looking for a diaper to suit my needs - quality is a must.

Default Looking for a diaper to suit my needs - quality is a must.

I know there are a lot of threads on a similar topic, and believe me I've spent a while hunting through the forum reading them, but it still hasn't solved my conundrum.

A few years ago I suffered a severe trauma to my abdomen that damaged the nerves there. As a consequence I suffer from occasional incontinence, when the nerve signals from the lower-half of my body don't get through. It's totally random, and (as of late) hasn't been very frequent, however when this happens I have a near total lack of control, necessitating diapers - and good quality ones at that.

I had been using the adult nappies sold by Cuddlz, which I thought were an excellent product. However it seems they are (currently) not doing my size in plain white, and I am not a fan of printed designs - so I need to look for alternatives; as although my girlfriend can cope if I get printed ones, between that and the footed sleeper + onesies I got recently (to keep everything in place) we'd both prefer plain/non-printed ones if possible.

I'm looking at getting the Abri-Form X-Plus diapers. I've heard they have a good reputation, and I assume that they'll be good for both bladder and bowel?

However at the same time I've read some threads with conflicting information - some say that because they're largely wood-pulp, and not SAP, that there are issues with leakages. This could be a large problem should I need to wear them around my house-mates or into university. Does anyone know how they stack up against the Cuddlz diapers (and I assume Bambinos, since I have been told the two are very similar) in terms of absorbency and leaks?

One of the things I do like about the Cuddlz nappies, and one of the reasons that I guess I count as a diaper-lover, is that I really like the rustling noise of the material/front plastic "landing zone". Are the Abri-Forms similar to this, or are they made from different materials (i.e. do they rustle)?

I'm based in the UK and it is a bit costly/impossible to get my hands on the Dry 24/7s and Bambinos that seem to be very popular online. Do Abri-Forms sound like they will suit my needs, or is there another alternative to the Cuddlz diapers that I should be looking at?

I'm asking because there has been talk that the Abri-Forms have recently changed for the worse (I say recently, but when they switched to the M-4), and also somewhere I found to get them relatively cheaply (at least in comparison to the Cuddlz diapers) only sells them in crates of 42 - so I hope you can understand my reluctance to order them before I have asked around a little bit.

Abena M4 (x plus) are great. But they don't have a taping panel like the cuddlz do. If the taping panel is a must, I think your best bet is to try Tena Slip Maxi. They are plenty thick, absorbent, reasonably quiet and feature a taping panel. They don't have designs on them either. Just plain white with lilac.

Whilst the Tena do have a front landing zone I find them to be fairly quiet, if you want crinkly I don't know if they'll be your best bet. In my experience whilst the Abena don't have a landing zone, they are noisier than the Tena. I personally prefer to the Tena nappies to Abena, but mainly because they are quieter and to me a little more comfortable.

Oh, and if you want Bambinos in the UK they are available here: : Items 1 to 3 of 3 items shown in the category 'Bambino Diapers'

They're costly, but not that much more than the Cuddlz. One of the AB Universe diapers is also available there.

you can get the cudlz plain White on eBay in all the sizes