Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: does anybody else enjoy a good rum

Default does anybody else enjoy a good rum

I love a good rum, i don't often find people who also like it.

come on all you rum drinkers what is your favourite/s and how do you enjoy it?

My favourites are Pussers with lime juice demera sugar and soda or mount gay extra old neat with no ice.

Cheap Prestige Brand Rum (80 proof) with strawberry or cherry coke....

Ooooh rum! We've got some fancy rums at the club I work in, but no one seems to drink them that often. If I have a rum it's normally just generic cheap stuff, or Morgan's Spiced, with coke

I've had many kinds of rum so my taste tends to mirror my beer snob qualities but my favorite comes in at a tie with ...

Ahh mine is Cabana Bay Rum ill take it straight on the rocks mixed with coke or redbull. I normaly get cherry just for mixing purposes but I do occasionaly get regular to enjoy by itself

So far I've only tried Malibu coconut rum and I assume that's pretty weak compared to other rums/spirits/hard liquor. I mainly mixed it with coke or dr.pepper but I always find the rum settles on top or at the very bottom, and I don't think I could use a shaker for it unless it's a supersized one due to the carbonation in the soda. So it's always been up to how fast I can stir it in.

You're my new best friend.

Some people like Scotch, some people like Whiskey, I like Rum. There's a restaurant/rum bar I adore with locations in a few cities. A year or so ago, I told the waiter that I love rum but have precious little experience with it. He recommended I try one called Pampero Aniversero (google it). OMG, it's the best liquor I've ever had in my mouth.

Lately I've been more of a scotch drinker, but my all time favorite rum is Sailor Jerry.

I enjoy rum, but haven't explored it as extensively as I should've. Spiced rum and coconut rums are among my favorite varieties. That's as far as I know, which I officially think is a shame now.