Thread: So Scared

Default So Scared

Hello. I'm BlushingBunny from Iowa and I'm confused in just about everything.

I'm interested in everything at once, I'll try anything once if I feel safe doing it. I tend to gravitate towards Mario Bros games, reading Manga (specifically Death Note), and writing short stories (usually creative nonfiction). I have an imagination that even scares me and I tend to space off when put in situations that don't necesitate my immediate attention.

I'm petrified of being left alone in an unfamiliar place. For all of my outgoing tendencies when I have friends around, as soon as I'm alone I withdraw. So I already feel like I might drown here.

I've used baby utensils my entire life, whenever I had the option. I love nursery rhymes and to speak in a nonsensical language when I can get away with it. I am fascinated by women that are grown up and yet retained a frail childish stature because I wasn't afforded that luxury. I'm 17 years old, but will never see myself as this age.

I don't know what I count as, or if I count at all. My boyfriend is a DL and when he came out about it to me he told me about this site. A few months later I finally sign up. I want to know if I have the right to say I can fit in here because I've had trouble accepting the idea of growing up and just want to go back.

I'm also really nervous that he's going to find this. I've told him I respect him and that his infintilism is fine by me. I'm so proud of him for getting the courage to tell me and one of his family members. But I have only hinted about how I feel because I don't know what it is or if I'm just being silly.

Save Me, I'm Drowning Already.

Why would you be scared of him finding you on this site? If he's into it already then surely he'll only be happy that you too are into it, and here finding out more and getting support?

We're not all that big on labelling here at ADISC, hell I was here for two years and wasn't interested in diapers one iota! As long as you're accepting of the lifestyle, and a not-nasty person, you should be ok

Welcome to ADISC!

crazykittensmile

Hi BlushingBunny

Welcome to ADISC.

Congrats on a really good introduction I took love Mario Bros games - to be honest they are about the only types of computer games that I like. I am much better at simple games than anything complicated, I get confused too easily. I struggle with any games that are in 3D really as well so mainly stick to the 2D platform Mario games. I personally don't know the difference between anime and manga, but there are a lot of members here who do (and will possibly kill me for not knowing!) and if you want to find some more members who like manga then there are a few groups on the forum you might be interested in joining. There's one here: Anime/Manga - ADISC.org

Oh, and we have a story forum you might be interested in if you haven't seen it yet. I am very interested in what you mean by the genre 'creative nonfiction' (do you mean you write about true events, but perhaps using a little poetic liscence?) and if you ever feel like sharing a story it would be very welcome there - non AB/DL stories are certainly very welcome

Onto my next part - of course you have the right to say you fit in here! And you most certainly count, each and every one of our members here counts (and although you have only been here a super short time you have already shown yourself to be a really helpful and kind member). There are definitely no rules as to who can and can't join/post here (well, aside from the 13+ rule) and we welcome anybody who has any interest in the AB/DL/IC community, including those like you who are still trying to figure out where, if anywhere, you fit into it! There are many other members here who have found their way here after a partner introduced them to the website, and other members here who are confused about where they fit into this community.

Hopefully we will be able to help you to figure out how you feel about this - You certainly aren't being silly and there is no specific criteria you have to meet in order to be an AB/DL - how each member fits into the spectrum of this lifestyle will be different from the last. It sounds like your boyfriend is really lucky to have somebody so supportive in his life, and I hope that with a little time and help from this forum you might be able to discover a bit more about yourself, and where you fit into this lifestyle, and be able to share your own feelings with him

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions you might have on the other forum boards. I promise you that we are a very friendly and non-judgemental group of people, and questions are almost always met with a nice variety of supportive, helpful and insightful responses so I hope we are able to help you out. Well done on making the first step and joining the forums! And I very much look forward to seeing more of you around the forums

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingBunny View Post
    Hello. I'm BlushingBunny from Iowa and I'm confused in just about everything.

I've used baby utensils my entire life, whenever I had the option. I love nursery rhymes and to speak in a nonsensical language when I can get away with it. I am fascinated by women that are grown up and yet retained a frail childish stature because I wasn't afforded that luxury. I'm 17 years old, but will never see myself as this age.

I don't know what I count as, or if I count at all. My boyfriend is a Diaper Lover and when he came out about it to me he told me about this site. A few months later I finally sign up. I want to know if I have the right to say I can fit in here because I've had trouble accepting the idea of growing up and just want to go back.

I'm also really nervous that he's going to find this. I've told him I respect him and that his infintilism is fine by me. I'm so proud of him for getting the courage to tell me and one of his family members. But I have only hinted about how I feel because I don't know what it is or if I'm just being silly.

Save Me, I'm Drowning Already.
    *throws you a lifesaver*

Welcome blushingbunny *waves*. Don't worry, don't worry, I don't think it says anywhere that you have to grow up to be here...and I just read the rules like yesterday. I'm an eternal kid myself.

I am thinking though that if he frequents this site, he well might ummm notice you are here too after a while. I am guessing that his hesitation in wanting to share his posting here is because he doesn't know how accepting you are yet. And I mean, we're all probably afraid of that to some extent.

Take care and don't sweat things.

Countdown

Welcome to ADISC, BlushingBunny.

You don't have to be an AB/DL to use this site. We accept all people, regardless of their interests in diapers, as long as they're supportive.

It sounds like you've been questioning whether you're an infantilist or not, ever since you've been introduced to the whole thing by your boyfriend's coming-out to you. There's no real clear-cut definition of an infantilist (unless you want to use the psychiatric definition in the DSM-IV-tr, but that's a whole 'nother thing). Being an infantilist, or an adult baby if you prefer, is just a label. Theoretically, anyone can call themselves an infantilist, and mostly everyone has slightly different criteria as to what a "true" infantilist is.

Do you have an interest in wearing diapers and/or being babied by someone? If not, some people may consider you not to be an infantilist, just based on that criteria. But others may consider you to be an infantilist, since you're reluctant to grow up and still use baby utensils, sing nursery rhymes, etc. Some people may say you're questioning or curious. It doesn't really matter. You have some things in common with the majority of us, and even if you didn't, we welcome newbies as long as they're supportive. So, if you like, stick around and feel free to ask questions.