View Poll Results: Rap?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Love it! Love it!

13 14.94%
  • Meh, it's alright.

11 12.64%
  • Like the music, but not the gangsta lyrics.

7 8.05%
  • Not really my thing.

23 26.44%
  • I'd rather claw my ears out!

33 37.93%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you like rap music?

Default Do you like rap music?

Yeah, this poll is dedicated to a musical genre that is loved by its followers and hated by its many detractors.

I personally LOVE rap. Stuff like The Notorious B.I.G., 2Pac, N.W.A., Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Nas, Jay-Z, Tech N9ne, Three 6 Mafia, Outkast, Ludacris, Bone Thugs N Harmony....... That list alone shows you just how wide of a range this genre actually has.

So, do you like rap? Or would you rather claw your ears out?

I like most old rap, and some of the underground post millenial rappers like, Libretto, Aesop Rock, etc.

But if there's one thing i just CANNOT STAND it's the mainstream rap of today, you have to look for long to find more obnoxious complete dick heads than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingfops View Post
    But if there's one thing i just CANNOT STAND it's the mainstream rap of today, you have to look for long to find more obnoxious complete dick heads than them.
    I like some mainstream rap of today (after all, I still listen to Ludacris). But that Soulja Boy and Kanye West stuff is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    I like some mainstream rap of today (after all, I still listen to Ludacris). But that Soulja Boy and Kanye West stuff is horrible.
    True, and i suppose Ludachris isn't to bad, but the ones you mentioned, plus Flo Rida just piss me off to no end. :p

While we're on the topic though, here's some i like.

N Light N (from Oslo, Norway)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxVOlploBo

Aesop Rock ( US or Canada, though not sure):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeh6jhHLgtg

Libretto (Portland, Oregon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sff4uIJeDJQ

Rodney P, London, Uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKT7GftN7fo

Son Of Light (Norway)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYtkzvT64M
    Last edited by Glennikit; 09-Nov-2010 at 19:36.

Dwhite

It depends on what kind of rap. The mainstreem stuff that is just glorified pop. Or the older stuff that had good beat's and some real instruments in there every once and a while. Personaly, my favorite stuff is when there is some brass playing in the background. And I have to disagree on the kanye west, well atleast with his older stuff (his new stuff sucks.) But i like the beats much more than the lyrics in most songs, so many of the ones today are either "I IZ FROM THE GHETTO" or "LOOK AT THE MONEY I HAVE THAT YOU DONT... AND IM FROM THE GHETTO." If the lyrics dont mention how much money they have then i will listen to them, but its just annoying any other way.

I like everything from underground Houston guys to Kanye and Weezy; it just depends upon my mood.

Butterfly Mage

I'd rather listen to a 60 Hz whine than listen to Rap "music".

Butterfly Mage

Rap "music" is even worse when blared out of aftermarket speakers at top volume from within piece-of-crap used Kias that have tinted windows, fake spoilers, and a crummy aftermarket exhaust. The rap music always seems like it will make these creaky gangsta-mobiles fall apart while waiting for the green light. It would be comical if it wasn't so annoying. It's too friggin' loud if I can feel the vibration of the music in the steering wheel of my own car.

But I've been known to take revenge. I'll occasionally crank up Enya or Ryan Farish up to the maximum volume my car can produce and engage in a traffic light culture war, har har.

Back in the day, such as Eazy-E, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, 2Pac, B.I.G., and NWA are good examples that I like.

Modern post-2000 is almost always crap. IMO.