Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hospital Food.

Default Hospital Food.

*rantrantrantrantrant*

Whos had it?

How did you like it?

How did you cope?

Seriously, what is up with hospital food are they purposely trying to destroy us? I dont see how this is supposed to help us get better...

like i dont know what to say its like...

1. Cooked to death, i swear they boiled every last nutrient out of the vegitables i get...

2. The chicken is drier then raisin'd grape.

3. Is that seriously meatloaf?

4. Whats that gray matter next to the boiled peas.

5. Why is there always something super sweet for dissert? I sure love sweats so i eat them helplessly but isnt sugar bad for a restarting immune system?

Heres some pictures of hospital food around the world to jumpstart peoples imaginations...

ewwww.. for any of the times i have seen hospital food in calgary, it all looked much better than that.. still hospital food, very bland, but still.. better than that.

I had to eat hospital food when I visited my mother after she had surgery to remove her endometriosis. I don't remember much, since I was about 10, but I do remember it being boring as hell. But that was from the hospital cafe, and it was a salad, after all...

On a more amusing note, when I was born, my father was scarfing the hospital's Shepherds Pie as he watched me erupt from my mother's cervix... And then, of course, he was screaming "I SCHEEE DA HEAD!" with a full mouth of potatoes, corn, and beef, so... some got on me and my mother's private place. He bragged about it until he and my mother divorced when I was 16 (17...? I dunno anymore), and I'm pretty sure he still does to his bar buddies. Well, at least he actually saw me being born, he had the stomach flu when my brother was born and he was on the shitter...

And this is why you shouldn't marry an idiot, sweetheart.

Also, lol @ the awfully un-nutritious meals in a hospital, nonetheless. Friggin budget cuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    I had to eat hospital food when I visited my mother after she had surgery to remove her endometriosis. I don't remember much, since I was about 10, but I do remember it being boring as hell. But that was from the hospital cafe, and it was a salad, after all...

On a more amusing note, when I was born, my father was scarfing the hospital's Shepherds Pie as he watched me erupt from my mother's cervix... And then, of course, he was screaming "I SCHEEE DA HEAD!" with a full mouth of potatoes, corn, and beef, so... some got on me and my mother's private place. He bragged about it until he and my mother divorced when I was 16 (17...? I dunno anymore), and I'm pretty sure he still does to his bar buddies. Well, at least he actually saw me being born, he had the stomach flu when my brother was born and he was on the shitter...

And this is why you shouldn't marry an idiot, sweetheart.

Also, lol @ the awfully un-nutritious meals in a hospital, nonetheless. Friggin budget cuts...
    Your awesome shukkume :3 im all ruffed up in RL right now and you still find a way to make me burst out laughing.

I have had hospital food when I had to have my appendix remove, since it burst. Let, me state that I did not like it. You know how little kids and even teenagers say that school food is the crapest out there, but hospital food is worst.

How did I cope with it? Eh, I ate it. I kinda had to or else they wouldn't let me leave, or so my parents said. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by KakashoLin View Post
    I have had hospital food when I had to have my appendix remove, since it burst. Let, me state that I did not like it. You know how little kids and even teenagers say that school food is the crapest out there, but hospital food is worst.

How did I cope with it? Eh, I ate it. I kinda had to or else they wouldn't let me leave, or so my parents said. Haha.
    Pretty much... also im cutega attacking nurses and begging for food XD via poor kid guilt, its working now and again but i just got shifted out of the ICU this morning so i have to start again with a fresh batch of nurses... damn... lol

Zzza

I. LOVE IT! Considering that the fact is that my hospital sells Cheryl's cookies and has a Wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzza View Post
    I. LOVE IT! Considering that the fact is that my hospital sells Cheryl's cookies and has a Wendy's.
    Mine had a fancy restaurant but it was really pricey, and all the people who there was in the restaurant were visitors and would stare at me when I went to eat since I had the hospital gown on, which got weird after 15 minutes of people staring at me. Haha.

Acutally, my experiences with hospital food haven't been bad. In South Florida, it is usually good.

I am so jelous, mine just has loads of junkfood and my moms like NO and im like T_T