I am starting this thread about discussing one of the most common things in social communicating and interacting which is gossip. Personally, in some aspects i believe i have a somewhat social distinction from not recieving as much gossip intake and participation because im homeschooled and i guess i think it would be fun to talk about it alittlebit.
What do you think about gossip?
Here are some of the topics that come to mind:
1. Do you participate in gossip often?
- Sometimes i think i have a habbit of talking about others just because im curious or its an interesting topic. Most of the time i dont mean to cross the line but sometimes when i look back i feel some things i say i shouldnt of said because i wasnt sure or dont know or dont really even understand.
2. Does gossip affect your life heavily?
I am close with my family and i am generally private but i always try to do and live by what i think is best but also i try to make sure that i look respectable and act respectable. I dont really witness gossip but then again i guess most people dont unless their involved but maybe because of that it might not affect me as much?
3. What steps do you take to make sure things dont get out of hand?
Sometimes people might mix up things or talk about stuff thats pretty controversal, im pretty shy so i usually stay quiet but i wonder if sometimes people do other things so im never really sure what the best choice is.
4. How accurate can gossip be?
I'm not sure alot, i always trust people close to me out of habbit though but i know i make mistakes so im sure others close to me do as well so maybe i fall into traps some times, maybe others also do this?
Anyways, these are just some thoughs, what kinda imput do you guys have? ^^)/