Thread: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Default Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

So yeah. I saw this thread made by JATO457 regarding No-Limits, so I thought "Hey, why not make a thread regarding RCT3?"

But I am not going to ask if anybody plays[ RCT3, but instead, who creates with RCT3? Who here knows about Custom Scenery and Custom-Tracked-Rides (CTR's) and all that other stuff? Best way to put it: who says "Fuck the scenarios, I'll build what I feel like building" and truly does what the game advertises: build your dreams. If so, post some pics or videos of your creations.

Here are a few of my creations:

This is an older one. It's a B&M sit-down with a 120 Drop:

This one is much more recent. It's an Intamin AG mega-looper with 16 inversions. I originally planned for it to simply be a stand-alone coaster, but the project has now turned into a full blown amusement park.

Here are some pics of my creations:

Realistic Station:

Another Station:

Euro-Fighter:

Entrance to Vertigo X:

Intamin Looper (Tesla Coil):

Vertigo X's 120 drop:

Yeah.

Cool. These are some nice creations. How did you get custom props, as in the ceiling fans and lights? Are their any programs that allow you to make custom props? Which expansions of the game do you have? I have all of them. I love the sandbox mode. I end up building huge themed, Theme Parks. (Example Halloween, desert, jungle, water, etc.). I made a couple roller coasters before, thou I don't have them any longer. I used to make rides with the transport system like the trains and jeeps and such aswell. RCT3 was such an awesome game. Sad it was discontinued...

^It is indeed Custom Scenery. It's scenery that members of the RCT3 community have modeled in 3D modelers and imported into the game using a program that allows you to do it.

Here's a huge list of Custom Scenery: Link

And here's a tutorial on installing it: Link

I have this game, but don't play it often. My mom says it takes up to much memory on our family computer, so it gets uninstalled after a couple days. I would play it more, but I hate the hour it takes to reinstall it. Also, until I'm close to eightteen, I do not see a personal computer coming my way. When I do play the game, I usually end up build a "tornado coaster," which is a wooden coaster that goes up really high and then spins around in a spiral all the way down to the ground, which I think would kill you in real life.

^^No problem. I was about to lose interest in the game entirely, but when I discovered Custom Scenery, that gave me a reason to play again.
    Last edited by IantheFox; 07-Nov-2010 at 23:20.

I also play this, but my faveorite RCT series game is RCT2. It is the best out of all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Megamatt View Post
    When I do play the game, I usually end up build a "tornado coaster," which is a wooden coaster that goes up really high and then spins around in a spiral all the way down to the ground, which I think would kill you in real life.
    Hahaha cool! My brother makes the same type of rollercoasters except he called them his "Mr. T" rollercoasters which stood for Mr. Terrifying.

Here is the Chuck Norris Express:

And another Chuck norris coaster