Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers on the Ellen Degeneres Show? Kinda.

Default Diapers on the Ellen Degeneres Show? Kinda.

Just thought you guys would want to know: I was watching Ellen today on NBC and I saw this guy doing cool science experments with Ellen. Well, they did one where they poured water into a cup and then put a flat piece of paper over the top and flipped it over.. it didnt leak out so I naturally thought oh its something to do with gravity holding the paper to the cup creating a seal so the water won't leak or he put geliten in the cup before the water but nope neither were true

He put in super absorbant polymer in the cup and it absorbed all the water.. I swear he said : "This is the stuff that they make diapers out of" about a million times [Kinda weird with my mom just sitting there on the couch with me]

And then Ellen took it out of the cup and started squishing it and was like ooh this is cool.

And I was thinking.. yea it is cool when it makes ur diaper swell up lol.

I've seen that on other things too...The stuff is like all gooey

yep I was at my neighbors watching it. Funny how she explained to all of us (Me, her daughter, and our friend) how thats what is really inside diapers, and thats why they swell up and don't leak etc...

It was so hard to act like I was learning something I didn't know, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi View Post
    yep I was at my neighbors watching it. Funny how she explained to all of us (Me, her daughter, and our friend) how thats what is really inside diapers, and thats why they swell up and don't leak etc...

It was so hard to act like I was learning something I didn't know, heh.
    You'd probably forget it anyway! :P

I totally got a 90 on a test rather than an 87 because I knew that. "Sodium polyacrylate is an absorbant substance used in what everyday baby item?"

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    You'd probably forget it anyway! :P

I totally got a 90 on a test rather than an 87 because I knew that. "Sodium polyacrylate is an absorbant substance used in what everyday baby item?"
    and some people have the nerve to think what we're doing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    and some people have the nerve to think what we're doing is wrong!
    Infantilism, fun & educational, no wonder it's a fad.

2low

i saw something about they were talking on mtv about adult diapers , i dunno it was odd , they were like sarcasticaly talking like there good and i dunno what the driff was i was on the pc and the pc was on , just caught my attention and it was done haha

^ can you explain that? My brain is broken today and refuses to see how the PC couldn't be on if you were on it... Wha? I'm confusing myself now!

Cool, once I took out the stuff. It looked like cotton so I put it in my mouth and it expanded so much that my cheeks started to poof out!

By the way, does anyone know of an adult diaper that uses mainly Super absorbant polymer? I only have worn Underjams,Goodnites, and Baby diapers that have it.

I have heard most adult diapers use a bit of it along with the regular pulp filling. But I think it would be so awesome if an adult diaper used this as much as a regular baby diaper does.

If anyone knows of any brand that does, let me know.

Darkfinn

Tranquility ATN and Dry 24/7 have a large amount of the "uper absorbant polymer" in them. They swell up and get uber squishy.