Thread: How would the community view a person who wears 24/7 but keeps bladder control

Default How would the community view a person who wears 24/7 but keeps bladder control

Becoming incontenent is generally frowned upon in the community. But someone replacing undies with diapers is never really adressed. Im mostly saying about people who "simulate" incon. Like not going if it'll leak and keeping said bladder control or weakening it slightly.So yeah What is the public opinion?

Um... Just to be clear this isn't a decision I'm going to make. I'm just bringing this up for the sake of Conversation. @[email protected] I don't think I could wear 24/7 I'd get tired of it.
    Last edited by dragsnick; 03-Nov-2010 at 22:43. Reason: Clearing stuff up.

I don't see it as any different than making ANY other daily change, whether it be related or not. Maybe you decide to wear sandals every day instead of shoes. As long as it remains practical and doesn't interfere with your life, who else should care, or has any right to care? Do what you want to, it's your life. Even for things that may cause you problems down the road, again, it's your life.

crazykittensmile

My opinion is that if it's not harming anybody, including the wearer, then it's not really an issue. As long as the person is discreet, avoiding wearing clothes that obviously expose a diaper or messing in public for example, to ensure they're not making anybody around them uncomfortable then I think it is up to each individual to choose how often they wear.

My issue with wearing 24/7 would be having to explain my diapers to the people close to me. I'm really not sure what my opinion on lying to people about being incontinent, as an independent adult, is. I'm undecided as to whether it is always wrong to lie about needing diapers, or whether in certain situations and to certain people it is okay. I would never justify lying to people who would likely worry, such as parents or partners, nor do I think it's okay to lie in order to deceive people into getting you free diapers (parents, doctors etc) but I'm not sure about friends and less close family members. My best friend once got the idea that I was incontinent, and I didn't correct him (although he must since have realised that I'm not) and it wasn't really a big deal to him, so I guess to friends maybe it's okay to have them believe something that's not true. But what do you tell your parents when you go 24/7?

But anyway, if people choose to go 24/7 then I respect their decision, so long as they're not hurting anybody else or deceiving anybody who is likely to become worried.

It seems like it might be a financial waste but if you are happier for the added fee (which won't be as much as say someone who needs to change frequently in a day) then why should you make yourself miserable.

It comes down to pros/cons with your budget and your self image.

The real question is... why would you care about what we think? It's your life, do what you want with it. If you want my opinion, though, then I'm happy if you're happy and not getting yourself killed. Of course, I'm worried about the environmental waste, but, eh. If it makes you happy, go for it.

Just make sure you wear pants and don't screw anybody (or yourself) over because of it. And, like Babyjess said, don't make anybody worried.

And if you do lose a bit of control and want to regain it, well, there are exercises for that. You won't permanently lose it if you're careful and still use your bladder muscles. Just don't be stupid. (Not that I would expect that out of anybody here, but we all have out dumber moments.)

EDIT: Hurr, I didn't read that last part. (See? We're all dumbasses sometimes!) But I guess it's because going 24/7 won't kill your muscles if you're careful about it. Eh, we just don't want anybody to make decisions they're regret. (Though I personally have no problem with somebody wanting to be incon. Whatever, it doesn't affect me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    The real question is... why would you care about what we think? It's your life, do what you want with it. If you want my opinion, though, then I'm happy if you're happy and not getting yourself killed. Of course, I'm worried about the environmental waste, but, eh. If it makes you happy, go for it.

Just make sure you wear pants and don't screw anybody (or yourself) over because of it. And, like Babyjess said, don't make anybody worried.

And if you do lose a bit of control and want to regain it, well, there are exercises for that. You won't permanently lose it if you're careful and still use your bladder muscles. Just don't be stupid. (Not that I would expect that out of anybody here, but we all have out dumber moments.)

EDIT: Hurr, I didn't read that last part. (See? We're all dumbasses sometimes!) But I guess it's because going 24/7 won't kill your muscles if you're careful about it. Eh, we just don't want anybody to make decisions they're regret. (Though I personally have no problem with somebody wanting to be incon. Whatever, it doesn't affect me.)
    XD That was too perfect. "We all have our dumber moments" Well it appears as tough yours was during that post. XD It's alright I sometimes don't read things fully.