Thread: Hello ADISC, I'm new here...

Default Hello ADISC, I'm new here...

Hi everyone! I just found this site and I'm excited to be a new member!! It looks very professional, and really stands out from most of the AB/DL sites out there.

I'm not very good at introductions, so I'm going to use the "template" that I found in the sticky:

1) Hello! Who are you?
    I guess I go by "Joey84". I'm a fairly shy person, but quickly warm up to friendly people. I have a very geeky sense of humor.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)
    I'm into wearing diapers and some AB stuff. I consider myself more of a DL than an AB, but I do enjoy a few AB related things, such as paci's and my blankie. I haven't found a good place to share these interests though. Most sites seem to be filled with weirdos, or are pretty empty and old.

After spending about 10 minutes browsing the site, I think this place is a bit different than the others. It seems to be full of activity and a fun place to share my interests with others like me.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)
    I work in the technology industry, and I absolutely love anything related to computers, the internet, and gaming. I am currently working on creating my first personal website, but it is taking a very long time.

When I'm not inside "geeking-out", I like to go visit the ocean, or go camping in the mountains. I don't do this nearly as much as I would like, as it is pretty rainy where I live. I'm just starting to get into Geocaching. It is a great (free) way to spend some time on a nice weekend.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

I'm not really sure. Like I said before, I have looked around for a while for a decent site that is mature and active without much luck. This site looks promising though.

I guess the first thing that I would love to do here is to just get to know a few of the regular members, and get a good feel for how this site works. Once I know that this site is clean (not full of weirdos), I'll come out of my shell a bit more, and maybe even post a few threads of my own on the forums.

I hope that I wasn't too chatty for my first post!

Great intro, Joey84! Good use of the template (can't really go wrong there). I'm originally from Olympia and love to get up there to enjoy the Puget Sound, the San Juans and the Olympic Penninsula (Camped there for 2 weeks the summer of 2009 with NO RAIN for 12 of the days! To quote you, "I like to go visit the ocean, or go camping in the mountains. I don't do this nearly as much as I would like, as it is pretty rainy where I live." That's an understatement! Welcome to the ADISC Community!

Hi! Welcome to the site.

(Long time- years- ago I remember talking to someone on DPF from the Pacific Northwest... your name and about the same age. Any chance you're him? I only talked to that person once or twice, so I don't know if he stuck around there, but he was pretty cool.)

Anyhoo, great intro! Seriously. I mean it.

Cool to hear you're into Geocaching. I tried getting into it a few years ago, but I've always been frustrated with my GPS. I got one with a 3-axis compass which doesn't work well. So it's next to useless as the effing map keeps pointing the wrong way. I love camping too- I read a lot of Appalachian Trail books. And if you're into water, go look up a documentary titled Paddle to Seattle. It's rather fantastic.

Though I don't know who you are much, this might be the site for you. The mantra is that ADISC isn't about the diapers, it's about the people wearing them.

Thanks for coming, and hope to see you more on the boards!

Welcome to the site. I hope it will be to your liking. Depending on your point of view we might or might not be full of weirdos but I tend to think we've got a better class of weirdo than a lot of places. Nice intro. It's good to see that someone reads the sticky now and again

Welcome as well. I have to agree that we probably are the best site for people such as ourselves. We discuss a wide variety of topics and we are a support group. I hope you are as happy here as I am.

Hello there! Welcome to the site. I like how detailed your introduction is!

Yeah, building off of what Trevor said, you'll find weirdos wherever you go. But, I think you'll like it here!