Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonjour, Mon Ami.

Default Bonjour, Mon Ami.

...I don't actually speak much french, but I thought it sounded cool. Since I am bad at introduction I'll follow the cheat sheet...

1) Hello! Who are you?

I am MightBe. Twenty something male from east coast Canada. I am currently unemployed (:<) and not in college(Yet), but I am currently writing a novel which I hope to get published, so that's pretty cool. Lets see, i am on the higher end of the Autistic spectrum (Aspergers Syndrome, actually) , and am fairly shy. I like reading, and writing and long walks (beach optional). That's about it I guess.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

Well I have been a stalker of Ab/DL forums and websites since my early teens and have yet to work up the courage to actually join one(Shy, once again), but this one seems friendly enough for my first foray into online life, so I joined. I am still a bit of a noob concerning some parts of the culture however, and far to shy to actually buy diapers. oh Well.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

My main interest currently is my WIP novel. A heroic Fantasy with wizards, elves, and a fairly unique and original storyline if I do say so myself. I'll stop there or I'll ramble for hours(information available upon request). I am also a pretty avid gamer, my favourite games being the Legend of Zelda Series, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 1&2, Portal, Minecraft, TF2 and COD. Oh yeah and Pokemon.

I also read, but I wont bore you with my long list of favourite nerd books.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

Support I guess. But mostly I'm looking to find likeminded people to you know, talk to without feeling like a freak. or. something. I will try to be active as much as I can what with being shy...and all.

So yeah. That's me in a nutshell. Questions, Queries, Concerns, Comments?

Welcome to ADISC, MightBe! I've found a lot of support here Dig in and post!

Welcome to ADISC, MightBe! Thank you for you excellent intro post, you should never feel bad about using a "cheat sheet". I'm all about not redoing work that's already been done. There is a wealth of information here, and some excellent discussion about various aspects of what we do. Read the Wiki, the articles and use the search function. If you have a question and can't find an answer, ask! Most of the older members are happy to answer a question we haven't seen in a while.

Joining ADISC was an excellent step for you to take. Accepting (or not) you *B/DL-ness is a difficult road, and one that shouldn't be traveled alone. It took me a long time to accept this part of me, and sadly, I did it with out help. Don't ever feel alone, because you aren't! There are members here that range from 13 to 60-ish. Chances are good that what you are feeling or thinking is nothing new, and talking it out with people that have been there before can be helpful.

As for the non-AB/DL stuff, we have a lot of social groups, and several of them are gaming or game related. Check them out! The Live Chat can be intimidating at first, but if you work up the courage to check it out, you might enjoy it.

Merci beaucoup Gummy.

And you as Well Dcviper. I have been looking at the wiki most of the day actually, and have found it very informative and helpful. I thank you for your kind and support words as well, I'm still about nervous about joining actually, but that helped calm me some. Though I imagine I'll lurk for a few days before posting anything substantial. Just to you know, get a feel for the place.

Hello MightBe, and welcome.

In point one - 1) - you mention you're fairly shy. That's okay. I remember when I joined, I was basically a jittery wreck, like, 'are they going to accpet me or not?' But that's the wonderful part about ADISC, the warm welcoming support community feel where we are like minded people whom are not freaks. (Also addressing point four while I'm at it.)

From one writer to another, I wish you the best of luck on having your novel published, it sounds like an epic novel from how you have described it. Hehe "nerd books", I have to remember that one.

Though I'm not much of a gamer myself, it does sound like you've got a rather impressive collection of games going there.

If you have any questions, please do feel free to ask. Hoping you have a grand time here and feel right at home.

When I said fairly I might have meant severely xD. I get tongue tied and shaking when I try to call a pizza place...so yeah.

Or you're a writer too? What do you write? I hope my novel is epic, i tried to balance the cliche with the unexpected to give it a unique feel but it is my first novel so I can't say how well that turned out.

Anyway thank you very much for your kind welcome. I might take you up on that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MightBe View Post
    When I said fairly I might have meant severely xD. I get tongue tied and shaking when I try to call a pizza place...so yeah.

Or you're a writer too? What do you write? I hope my novel is epic, i tried to balance the cliche with the unexpected to give it a unique feel but it is my first novel so I can't say how well that turned out.

Anyway thank you very much for your kind welcome. I might take you up on that offer.
    Hehe I know exactly where you're coming from there with calling someone on the phone.

Indeed I am a writer. I try to do a bit of everthing to test out my strengths and weaknesses but writing smutt isn't on the list. Next on the list though is writing furry stories. *Shrugs* We'll see what happens. Ah yes, balancing cliche with the unexpected...it can be quite tricky at times. But as long as you're happy with how your novel turned out, that's all that matters.

And you're most welcome for the welcome.

Welcome to ADISC, MightBe! Congratulations on a wonderful intro, you should do well here!

Starting by reading the WIKI for a day is an awesome exposure to our community.

My maternal great-grandmother was from Newfoundland, so I already feel somewhat kindred (although I've never been to the east coast of Canada).

Hope you share some snippets from your novel with us.

Glad you're here!

Tripped: I've decided phones are evil. -_-

Yeah, i could never write smut or anything like that. I mean I never tried I just don't think I could get into it enough to write a good story, and if I don't think it's good it never sees the light of day and rots on my harddrive.

Diapered Rabbit: Ah. Thank you very much.

Unfortuently I have never been to NFL as it' s a long fairy/expensive plane ride away, and I have no family up there. I heard it's very nice though, and is on the east coast so it's awesome.

Snippets...maybe...We'll see. I'm still very nervous about it, so I don't know. >_>

Thank you all again.

People, take note; this is how an intro is supposed to be.

I have to say, you're pretty fantastic at the written word, MightBe. I'd read your novel.