Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's your favourite science fiction book and/or movie?

Default what's your favourite science fiction book and/or movie?

I love science fiction weather it be books or movies.
    What do we all think and like.
    My favourite book is Dune
    and my favourite movie is hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

Great movie. My favorite sci fi movie is probably District 9. And my favorite book is Watchmen.

A good friend recommended district 9 said it was right up my street. goto go and find it.

Book: The Ender Series by Orson Scott Card. (Specifically Ender's Game)

The Ender Series is a great science fiction series by one of the best authors out there. It's been around for a long time (at least on science-fiction standards), especially the first book but I feel like anyone reading it today. It tells a message of emotion and just the struggles it takes to really make the right decision in world. Those messages it gives are still just as strong, timeless.

Movie: Cardcaptor Sakura 2: The Sealed Card.

I know I'm throwing an anime movie in here, but I'm not much of a movie person. This is a wonderful fantasy movie that concludes a series by a talented group of women who know how to write a story along with draw beautiful art. The story, something unique to the anime ends the series in a wonderful story of turning not only your loneliness into hope, but by succeeding not with strength but with kindness.

yeah enders game was brilliant have read it many times.

Dune, Dune, Dune, a thousand times Dune. I have loved it since I was a wee lad.

Movie would be Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

Eh, Dune was good, and I've read all the original books, but it's not my favorite. Also, I love H2G2. But my absolute favorite has to be Ender's Game, despite my current hatred of Orson Scott Card. I was handed a copy of Ender's Game by a the father of a friend of mine, and picked it up one night when I didn't have anything else handy that I hadn't read. I ended up reading it all that night. I've never been so captivated by a story that I literally stayed up all night reading it.

It shames me to say I have never read Ender's game. I hope you wont think too lowly of me.

(Does 'A brave new World' count as SciFi, 'cause I loved that one too.)

Spaceballs! Heavy Metal... Rocky Horror... Doh!
    No seriosly there so many great ones maby Silent Running.
    What's a book?
    Again so many, Journy to the Center of the Earth, any Jules Verne or H. G. Wells.