Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For The First Time in Years, Nick Made Something......good?

Default For The First Time in Years, Nick Made Something......good?

OK, Nick has had a lot of great successes, like Avatar, Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, etc., and a lot of failures, like The Mighty Bee, Fanboy and Chum Chum, and the new seasons of Spongebob. But, I watched a new show today, and to my surprise, it was actually good.

TUFF Puppy, watch it. The show is funny, but not too childish. It's a good balance.

I don't think I can believe it. But for me, they haven't done anything good since Hey Arnold so I'm sort of baised on that end. :P

Really? Is it really that good?

Hayy, still, I miss the good 'ol nick took toons such as Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Ahhh Real Monsters, Angry Beaver, Kablam, golden age spongebob, etc. Hay...

I just watched a clip of it and I like the art style. But it feels like a cartoon marketed for young kids to make them feel older or more mature.

I miss cartoons like Animaniacs and stuff. T.U.F.F Puppy isn't going to fill that video based on the clip I just saw. ( something about a rat taking control of all the other rats and I guess TUFF puppy chasing a chew toy while kicking some rat butt. So I might watch it and I think it has a good shot at being likable. Which is hard for me to say about most other cartoons these days.

Interesting, never heard of the show since I watch CN now. Maybe I should tune into Nick a bit more and see if they have any more good shows.

I agree with all of you. I love the old shows, and I really miss them. But come on, you gotta admit that the show is better than the other new shit on Nickelodeon.

I haven't had cable sense 2004ish. From what I understand most of the shows sense then have been pretty bad. Both CN and Nick have gone down hill and mimicked a lot of the bad adult shows. Though glad to hear something might be coming on that worth looking into. Though is it down in a lazy style that makes it look like a 5 year old drew the show?

They have actually done something good, for the first time?

Invader Zim! New episodes, and the like.

...But yeah, Nick is horrifying.. I saw a little of TUFF puppy, however (Due to my 6 year old niece.)
    'Tis was alright.

I saw an episode at the dentist's office- the most 'good' thing about it was that Grey DeLisle voiced Kitty Catswell, the second to main character. Love Grey DeLisle
    I dunno. I didn't like the whole "stupid dog chews butt and is dumb" thing they had going on there. Seems like too much of a cliche on every other show, but throw in some extra "funny dumbness" and crude humor and voila! a show is born.
    But yeah, as small a complement as it may be, Tuff Puppy is much better than everything on there now. I like PBS kids more than the junk on Nick these days.

Nick went to hell when they decided to invest all creative effort into all that cartoon based programming. They turned that around for a little with "The Suit Life" which they ruined with "The Suit Life on Deck"