Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best places to find nappy changing areas in public?

Default Best places to find nappy changing areas in public?

I dont want to change in a normal toilet cubicle as I wouldnt know what to do with the nappy and I also am slightly handicapped meaning i need more space/time to change.

Where are the best places to do this? Is it ok to use a hospital's baby changing room (I did that today)

Then I went to another part of the hospital and needed changing (I was exploring as the hospital is between my house/town) and I asked a nurse who said "Where is the person who needs their nappy changing?"

So my 2 questions:

Best places to find changing areas?

What to do in the above situation,
    ie What do you reckon a nurse or reception type person would do if you said "its me who needs changing..." (as I wouldnt want to say "he/she is downstairs" as they may come and help me look leading to odd questions/even more embarassing situation)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimousdl View Post
    either a disabled toilet or baby change room
    The question w as where do you find these :P

It depends on where you are. I know some places have private bathrooms where you can lock the door that are meant specifically for diaper changing. Handicapped stalls are large enough to change a diaper.. and a lot of them have places to put your trash. In fact I remember I was at a rest stop while driving home from school a few days ago and I saw a few adult diapers in the trash in one of the handicapped bathrooms... it was kind of gross xD

Thanks Wheres the best place to find them though? ie what kind of places to look for other than malls/hospitals etc? And what about my second question?

Thanks all

Wow, have you never just looked for a disabled changing place before?

Nearly all places have them!

Just ask at the counter for the disabled bathroom and they'll point you in the right direction.

Cinemas, coffee shops, shopping centres, all sorts of things.

Just... open your eyes for them?

EDIT: also, if you're handicapped wouldn't you have used them in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Wow, have you never just looked for a disabled changing place before?

Nearly all places have them!

Just ask at the counter for the disabled bathroom and they'll point you in the right direction.

Cinemas, coffee shops, shopping centres, all sorts of things.

Just... open your eyes for them?

EDIT: also, if you're handicapped wouldn't you have used them in the past?
    Nope its really mild..id just need a little more space to change a nappy

And wjat do you do in the event of "wheres the person needing a nappy change?" question?

Thanks!

Well you phrased the question really awkwardly! You made it sound like you wanted the nurse to actually change someones nappy, which is odd.

If in future you just ask where the disabled bathroom is then they'll point you in the right direction no questions asked.

And if someone does ask, then just say 'I do', because no one cares, although probably not in a hospital since they'll start asking awkward questions since if you're wearing for fun it won't be in your medical history.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Well you phrased the question really awkwardly! You made it sound like you wanted the nurse to actually change someones nappy, which is odd.

If in future you just ask where the disabled bathroom is then they'll point you in the right direction no questions asked.

And if someone does ask, then just say 'I do', because no one cares, although probably not in a hospital since they'll start asking awkward questions since if you're wearing for fun it won't be in your medical history.
    Ty I get a rish from risking the nurse/receptionist or whatever working out im the one in the nappy though And I cant see why theyd look at medical history

No I wont ask them to change me but if they offer...:P

Thanks

I don't think anyone at a service desk or hospital will ask you where the person/baby needing to be changed is.