Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Articles, Essays, and Real Life Stories...

Jeffy

Default WANTED: Articles, Essays, and Real Life Stories...

Hi there!

Ok, so the other day I was thinking about the *b/dl/bf community in the public eye. People tend to scrape by small encounters with stories about dl-creepos in the news, that one CSI episode, or, even worse, their child/spouse/relative/friend comes out as an infantilist... We try to refer these people to videos, online articles, and other propaganda to help them change their mind, or at least better understand the community and why we do what we do. To no avail sometimes. It's common sense that someone would be a little afraid or even disgusted to go online and search up such things, there's no knowing what you will find. And you can't really force someone to do that.
    Now what's that person to do now that their friend/spouse/relative refuses to even try to understand their side before deciding that they're just a pervert, and stopping there?
    What if there was a book? A compilation of well-written articles and essays on a wide area of subjects within this mania of ours. The psychological standpoint, the emotional views, and the sociological triumphs of our kind!
    So imagine this... You're a pissed-off teenager who's parents are extremely worried, and confused about their child's coming-out as a teen baby. This teenager gets a hold of this book, and hands it to his parents and says

"Look, I know that you guys are worried about me, but before you guys go on trying to treat this like a mental case, I want you to take a look at it from my point of view, and I think that this book may help you see that point of view better. You may read it or not, it's up to you,"

That is what I want to do for the community.
    I want there to be a tome of knowledge, dedicated completely to the positive sides of the *b/dl/bf community, and helping people to better understand our world.

SO HERE'S WHAT I'M GOING TO BE DOING.
    I want to compile a bunch of articles, essays, and short stories from people actually in the community (and maybe from a few people who aren't necessarily part of the community, but know about it through association) on a wide array of subjects that I will compile and edit together and submit to lulu.com to be printed and sold!

Here's a list of some of the topics you can write about/submit work about:

"What was a time when you felt very alone/confused/unloved because you were a *b/dl?"

"What sort of ties to feelings of being little do you have? How do they affect you as a *b/dl?"

"What was it that made you realize that you had these desires to be little again, and what makes you act on them?"

"What are the psychological and emotional benefits of regressing?"

"What advice would you give a concerned parent/spouse/relative about the community?"

Let's get creative! Let's do something that will help the community greatly!
    If you guys want to submit content, privately message me and I'll give you my email address so that you can send me your writing.

What sort of things do you think should be included in the book?
    Do you think that this would actually be beneficial to our community?
    What do you think, in general?

BernardFx

This is a great idea, Jeffy! I would gladly participate in this proyect. Perhaps, lets make sort of an e-book, and even make it's website(?)! On a personal case, I would have used this book. But that's too late. I think I would have saved lots of worries and doubts in my family.

Is it going to include the term furry/babyfur? Or is it too much? In my opinion, it would be great to have it, because there are lots of people who identify with this lifestyle.
    Last edited by BernardFx; 29-Oct-2010 at 03:51.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by BernardFx View Post
    This is a great idea, Jeffy! I would gladly participate in this proyect. Perhaps, lets make sort of an e-book, and even make it's website(?)! On a personal case, I would have used this book. But that's too late. I think I would have saved lots of worries and doubts in my family.

Let's include some real life experiences, in which real people were involved (anonimously, though :P) With your permission, I would like to add my grain of salt with my story.
    Of course! That's an excellent idea! Make it available to download on Kindle or Nook systems (cause those are really mainstream and profitable these days). We can distribute them to friends who we know are going through a hard time with their families over this subject, and make a website, and go the whole 9 yards with this. And it's true, we didn't have this sort of thing for us when we were outed to our families/friends. But we can save that bit of trouble for the next generation to come.

Jeffy, would i be able to make a contribution?, I told my mum about being a furry and found it difficult.
    If thats not what your looking for, then its okay

BernardFx

Please read above post.

I did, but i dont think i would really be a brilliant contribution as i have never told anyone about being tb/dl

BernardFx

Quote Originally Posted by boltpup View Post
    I did, but i dont think i would really be a brilliant contribution as i have never told anyone about being tb/dl
    LOL, I wasn't referring to you :P I was referring to whoever wanted to read my story.
    Last edited by BernardFx; 29-Oct-2010 at 03:51.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardFx View Post
    LOL, I wasn't referring to you :P I was referring to whoever wanted to read my story.
    LOL, okay , its early in the morning so im a little out of it

Jeffy

Send me a private message and I'll send you my email address and I'll take a look!

How do you propose to split the proceeds from the book? Because, you know, compiling a volume of essays is not exactly the lion's share of the work here.

Until you nail this down--and methinks you won't--then serious, thoughtful, non-vanity-press publication is not going to be possible.