Thread: Hello, from Canada.

Default Hello, from Canada.

1) Hello! Who are you?
    Hi there,
    I have decided to use the 'cheat sheet' provided, since I am not really good at talking about myself. I am an active young adult who works with autistic children. I have many interests and get along with most people. I also plan on going back to school to pursue a doctorate in philosophy.

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

Well, it may surprise most people reading this post, but I am not an adult baby nor am I a diaper lover (although that might apply in the sense that diapers have allowed me to live a much more active lifestyle than I would be able to if they did not exist). I am very open-minded, however, and ended up on this website a number of times while trying to find the right diaper for nighttime use (a real nuisance, most of the time)! I was impressed by the maturity of the users of this site and by the amount of information provided on a wide number of topics.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

Well, I guess i cheated and answered a lot of this in the first question. I suppose our interests do not always make up who we are, but I feel they're a great place to begin.

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?
    I find this site incredibly helpful in finding out solid information about various adult diapers on the market and I enjoy the resources available for those who truly are suffering from incontinence. I would love to be able to help others as much as this site has helped me.

Welcome to ADISC! It's great to find someone joining in that honestly wants to help people, and I think that's a great place to start on a support community. It's the kinda people like you that make people like me smile, and I thank you for that!

You made a great intro, and just out of curiosity.. what kinda hobbies are you into? How does it feel working with autistic children, someone on the autistic spectrum myself is interested and just in general I really would love to hear more! Thanks for sharing!

Welcome to ADISC! I am grateful you understand, even from outside the 'normal' *B/DL community. For the most part, we are pretty nice, and if you ever need a chat, I'm pretty zen...

Much Snugs,

Thank you for the warm welcome! :-)
    I have a wide range of hobbies... but I love to read, so they almost all end with my head stuck in a book! I am extremely interested in philosophy and have been studying it for several years now (both in the university and on my own time). I am also heavy into aromatherapy, making a lot of my own lotions, perfumes, lip balms and whatnot... everything I make is with pure essential oils (at one point, I wanted to start my own business, but when I discovered how expensive it is to actually make high quality natural products, I decided to stick with making it for myself, friends, and family).
    Working with autistic children is fantastic! I spent a number of years working in childcare with 'normal' children and ended up burning out since I'm not a huge fan of children in general, but this field is wonderful (then again, I am also on the autistic spectrum, so that may be why). I find autistic children are easier to work with, in general, because once you know their interests and gain their trust, you can deal very logically with them, whereas most children don't 'get' logic. I do intensive therapy with the children I work with, so it is very controlled, but a whole lot of fun since we have a no fail system (at least, the child doesn't really know they did something wrong) and we get to have lots of fun and make huge messes one normally can't make in childcare (like dunking toilet paper in a dish of water and throwing it at the wall, or emptying shaving cream all over the room). I'm out of work right now for 4-6 weeks due to a back injury, but I can't wait to get back!

What are your hobbies/what interests you? I really didn't expect such a welcoming response just introducing myself! lol

hi there to all,I am from British Columbia Canada and love to see there is so many diaper lover's and adult babies..I think a lot of people sometimes just look for a release point... after the today's world builds up..and can overwhelm a person, it is soothing to revert back in your mind.. to a very different time when this scenario was so very can relax you ,and make things seem very much on the brighter side...I am a big fan that likes to see people in this world be as happy as they can be..and thoo I need diapers everyday for need..I very much like being in them and all that goes with it..take care all maybe one day we can say hi in chat room