Thread: I am not a lurker

Default I am not a lurker

Wish i new how to operate a computer and not get into trouble with

anyone, love the stories, i,am not a lurker just very hard to

understand computer language and terms. If i have offended

anyone i,am truley sorry, i have been incontinit for 11 years do to

head injury so it takes me 2-3 minutes to type 10 words but i,am not

giving up . Can some one help me to understand. Steve

Hey there? I'm not sure about your past here, but welcome all the same to the forum. The community here is designed around SUPPORT, and that's what I want to do and many others. Support you for what you can and can't do and what you are and are not.

What kinda things do you like to do in your spare time?

Welcome to the site. Glad to hear your not giving up, that is the last thing people need to do. Hope you have good times here. If you need any help at all, just leave me a visitor message.

Welcome to ADISC, Lorenzo!

First, let me start of by assuring you that no one has been offended by your actions. Nor are you in any trouble. When a user doesn't post for a long time, or not at all, the system automatically marks them as a "Lurker". All that means is that you may be logging into the site, but you aren't participating. This lets the more active members of the forum know that you might not respond to a message very quickly (or at all). As Angelle stated, this is a support forum, and to give and receive support, you have to participate. Your level of participation is totally up to you. If you prefer to hang back and just read the stories or articles, consider posting the author a visitor message once in a while to let them know you appreciate their work. The lurker status isn't something to be concerned about, if that's the level of participation you prefer.

Again, you are not in trouble at all, we just want to get to know you. The system simply changed your status to reflect your participation, then sent a friendly reminder that you should introduce yourself to more fully enjoy the community.

Welcome to the site. There's a lot of us who have much to learn about using computers, so you're in good company. If you want to read threads and not respond, that certainly is your right. I find that responding to things that interest me is fun. I also like to help others, so I often will respond that way. Like others have said, we are a help and support site first and foremost, so feel free to talk to any of us any time.