Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you see a doctor about nappy rash/leaking when using adult nappies?

Default Can you see a doctor about nappy rash/leaking when using adult nappies?

Question in title

Thanks

If it's bad enough you not only could, but should.

You just have to understand that he will ask questions and probably tell you to stop wearing them and/or changing yourself quickly afterward. I'm not sure how you could lie about how you got the rash. I would probably self-medicate unless you believe there is a reason to go to a doctor.

Honestly, if you are wearing them long enough to get rashes, I would gently ask that you be more careful about how long you are wearing. You don't want to hurt yourself.

Your welcome, but I want to stress again because I didn't really cover it that it WILL be an embarrassing situation, he might be rude about it, and you might get your feelings hurt. You might just want to be more careful from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelle View Post
    If it's bad enough you not only could, but should.

You just have to understand that he will ask questions and probably tell you to stop wearing them and/or changing yourself quickly afterward. I'm not sure how you could lie about how you got the rash. I would probably self-medicate unless you believe there is a reason to go to a doctor.

Honestly, if you are wearing them long enough to get rashes, I would gently ask that you be more careful about how long you are wearing. You don't want to hurt yourself.
    Im not actually incontinent but my nappies rub whether or not thats a rash i dont know maybe just chaffing

Also can I see one about my nappy leaking?

And would I have to book an appt?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angelle View Post
    Your welcome, but I want to stress again because I didn't really cover it that it WILL be an embarrassing situation, he might be rude about it, and you might get your feelings hurt. You might just want to be more careful from now on.
    Couldnt I complain if he/she did laugh or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Napimat View Post
    Im not actually incontinent but my nappies rub whether or not thats a rash i dont know maybe just chaffing

Also can I see one about my nappy leaking?

And would I have to book an appt?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Couldnt I complain if he/she did laugh or anything like that?
    I really don't have much knowledge on the first thing. I think it doesn't really sound serious but you should be careful. On the second, you should not need anyone outside of this community for that. The people here are just knowledgeable enough about the situation, I highly doubt a doctor needs to be talked to about your nappy leaking.

A visit to the doctor is a visit to the doctor, it would be depend on the office your going to if you had to book an appointment. You COULD complain surely, but it would be bringing more people into the situation and would only enhance your embarrassment if you did, I'm sure and you wouldn't be guaranteed to really get any closure on the situation even if you did complain.

I don't think you'd have a problem with it. The only snag I'd run into is that I am too embarrassed to go see a doctor about something as simple as a physical checkup, let alone about the fact that I wear diapers! God help me if I ever consider that happening!

You might also take some precautions before putting on your diaper like diaper cream. I use it every day whether I'm wearing or not. Since you have a diaper rash, you should try something like Desitin which is used on babies for diaper rash. The one thing you have to be careful about is infection. Then you would need an antibiotic, and only a doctor can prescribe that. There are triple antibiotic creams you can buy at the drug store, and they really help fight infection and promote healing.

Rash, yes.

Leaking, no. There is nothing a doctor can do about that.

for a rash you should just get some creme and use that and change a lot more often. powder will also help a lot with the preventing a rash and reduce chafing. unless you have a rash bad enough you really don't need to See a doc about it, they also cant help you with leaking, you should make sure your putting the nappy on properly and if needed use plastic pants or doublers for added absorbency.