Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh dude yeah I just remembered something..

Baxter Whittenburg

Default oh dude yeah I just remembered something..

.. that I wanted to post here!

I'm completely unaffected from buying diapers now. I seriously stood in the baby diapers aisle for 10 minutes last Wednesday just trying to decide what I would get. My heart wasn't even beating faster or anything.

Congratulations...Baby diapers aren't as embarrassing as adult diapers though...

Baxter Whittenburg

I realize.

The first time is always the hardest, buying either baby or adult diapers, after that you realize nothing is going to happen and if it does you don't care.

I still get a little self conscious feeling, but I came up with a trick. I get a huge gift bag, and put the diapers in it w/the bar code face up. If no one is behind me, I ask the clerk to keep it private, and they should say ok. If someone is behind/by me, I just hand them the bag and they usually aren't dumb enough to pull the diapers out; they will just scan them with a hand scanner, (or whatever it's called). Works like a charm if your in a small local drugstore !!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonthebeast View Post
    I still get a little self conscious feeling, but I came up with a trick. I get a huge gift bag, and put the diapers in it w/the bar code face up. If no one is behind me, I ask the clerk to keep it private, and they should say ok. If someone is behind/by me, I just hand them the bag and they usually aren't dumb enough to pull the diapers out; they will just scan them with a hand scanner, (or whatever it's called). Works like a charm if your in a small local drugstore !!
    But then don't you have to buy a gift bag? Plus the cashier will know what you are really buying when it shows up on the register screen...

Yumi

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    But then don't you have to buy a gift bag? Plus the cashier will know what you are really buying when it shows up on the register screen...
    He said to tell the cashier to keep it private. He knew they would know, but not to like say it out loud or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Asako View Post
    He said to tell the cashier to keep it private. He knew they would know, but not to like say it out loud or anything.

Cashiers aren't allowed to do that anyway really...The only time a cashier would say what you have is if you are at a restaurant or something

I think the more you act like its not a big deal the better. Just go in acting like its not a big deal and no one else will think otherwise.