Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Diapers

Default Problems with Diapers

I recently got my first diapers in a long time. The brand was crap but over here it was all I could get. However, there were a number of problems I had. I wondered if anybody else has had these, or other, problems.

1) Using them - I wasn't surprised that it was difficult to go in them at first, but I couldn't. However much my bladder needed to relieve itself it refused. I picked the skill up quickly but difficulties with disposal combined with nosy parents makes learning how to do #2 an impossibility

2) Putting them on - I actually found (find) putting them on the most difficult bit. Okay, I've got a brand with one size fits all and a 52" maximum, so it won't be easy, but I find lining it up really difficult, and I can only do it lying down. That was a shock, because the bag said put them on lying or SITTING.

3) Filling them up - This is something I can't work out how to counteract. Only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the padding gets used. As long as I don't do a massive flood, I haven't been able to get the diapers to leak, yet it can be falling off (literally) and some of the padding is still as white and thin as the day it was born.

Thats my problems so far. Other problems or solutions are welcome

1. It takes some time getting used to using them...You should start out with using them like in the bathroom where it feels more natural...You just have to build up using them in other places until it's easier

2. It takes some practice putting diapers on easily while standing/sitting...Make sure you have readjustable tapes for trying to stand/sit, otherwise just do it laying down

3. If you want to wet it all, then you are going to have to do small wettings...If you flood it, then it obviously won't fill everything...Sometimes though, it does happen where you don't use it all...If you don't use it all, then that's fine...Once you get used to wetting in more places, you can get used to wetting when you feel the slightest urge, and it will fill up the diaper better...

Peachy

I think Pojo covered most of it. You've obviously already gone past the stage of not being able to wet it at all. The usual suggestion for that problem would be to assume the same position as when you're peeing in the potty. Over time, move away from the potty and then just try in other positions.
    I guess the same applies to #2, although I've never had a problem with that to be honest. Once you get a change to try, just assume the normal position - sitting on the potty. Over time, you can try to squat elsewhere in the house or eventually try other positions.

Putting on your diaper in a standing position isn't easy either. The easiest way is to do it lying down, as you don't have to worry about the back of the diaper going out of its intended position until you tape it up. That's the real challenge when doing it standing up - you have to lean against the wall to keep the back of the diaper in position and then tape it up. I've managed to learn how to do it over time (because I often had to diaper myself in train bathrooms...and they're small and dirty, so lying down is not an option). Ideally, you should use a diaper with refastanable tapes for learning how to put on a diaper in a standing position.
    However, I have no clue how one would go about putting on a diaper while sitting down. Sounds next to impossible to me!

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Putting on your diaper in a standing position isn't easy either. The easiest way is to do it lying down, as you don't have to worry about the back of the diaper going out of its intended position until you tape it up. That's the real challenge when doing it standing up - you have to lean against the wall to keep the back of the diaper in position and then tape it up. I've managed to learn how to do it over time (because I often had to diaper myself in train bathrooms...and they're small and dirty, so lying down is not an option). Ideally, you should use a diaper with refastanable tapes for learning how to put on a diaper in a standing position.
    However, I have no clue how one would go about putting on a diaper while sitting down. Sounds next to impossible to me!

Peachy

I don't stand against something when I put one on standing...

As far as getting the whole diaper wet, I use a microfiber towel or two in my cheapo diapers it adds to the capacity, and it spreads the wetness all over the diaper makeing it more useful.

Darkfinn

Typically I will lay the diaper out on my bed or chair... or on the toilet lid at work... and sit down on it. I then pull around and fasten one of the tapes. Then I can stand up and fasten the rest of them.

I can do it totally standing if I have to... I.E. if the toilet I am at has no lid... but it's not quite as easy.

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    I recently got my first diapers in a long time. The brand was crap but over here it was all I could get. However, there were a number of problems I had. I wondered if anybody else has had these, or other, problems.

1) Using them - I wasn't surprised that it was difficult to go in them at first, but I couldn't. However much my bladder needed to relieve itself it refused. I picked the skill up quickly but difficulties with disposal combined with nosy parents makes learning how to do #2 an impossibility

2) Putting them on - I actually found (find) putting them on the most difficult bit. Okay, I've got a brand with one size fits all and a 52" maximum, so it won't be easy, but I find lining it up really difficult, and I can only do it lying down. That was a shock, because the bag said put them on lying or SITTING.

3) Filling them up - This is something I can't work out how to counteract. Only about 1/2 to 2/3 of the padding gets used. As long as I don't do a massive flood, I haven't been able to get the diapers to leak, yet it can be falling off (literally) and some of the padding is still as white and thin as the day it was born.

Thats my problems so far. Other problems or solutions are welcome
    1) It was hard for me to go #1 also, when I first tried on diapers. Anyway that sucks you can't do #2. You might not like it though. Personally, I like it, but the majority of *B/DLs don't.

2) O_o Putting on a diaper while sitting sounds pretty hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    I don't stand against something when I put one on standing...
    Well...that would be your problem It's not too hard though. You just unfold the diaper, put it on your back, then press your back against a wall. Then you just gently fold it up over the crotch, do the tapes, and you're good. That said lying down is by far the easiest position, but when you're changing in a public restroom you don't have that luxury.

As for going #2, the best way to learn is to wear a diaper to the toilette. You should get used to it quickly and then after that you can move on to squatting in other places (if you don't have luck try going to the restroom but not sitting on the potty) and after awhile you should reach the point where you can go even when walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
    Well...that would be your problem It's not too hard though. You just unfold the diaper, put it on your back, then press your back against a wall. Then you just gently fold it up over the crotch, do the tapes, and you're good. That said lying down is by far the easiest position, but when you're changing in a public restroom you don't have that luxury.
    I was under the impression he was saying that he didn't need to bother leaning against something... In no way did I feel that he meant it was a problem.

That being said... lots of the packages have directions on how to put them on.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
    As for going #2, the best way to learn is to wear a diaper to the toilette. You should get used to it quickly and then after that you can move on to squatting in other places (if you don't have luck try going to the restroom but not sitting on the potty) and after awhile you should reach the point where you can go even when walking.
    I've never thought about trying to drop a deuce while walking...