Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Patterns

Default Sleep Patterns

I've noticed a few blogs and various people mentioning recently how poorly they sleep.

So... what are your sleep patterns? Does it follow a pattern at all?

How long to you need to sleep for a night to feel well rested, on average?

I work two jobs at opposite ends of the day, so I actually sleep twice a day, for 3 - 5 hours each. I sleep between 3-5am until 6:30-9:30am, and then again between 4-6pm and 7:30-8:15pm.

It just depends on when I finish my night job, and start my day job. It's hectic, but it works for me

Butterfly Mage

I rarely have trouble falling asleep. I do, however, have trouble STAYING asleep. I'll often wake up at various points during the night for no apparent reason. Additionally, I find myself waking up early in the morning even when I have the day off.

My sleep pattern is fairly consistent. I usually go to bed sometime between 12-2.30am and if I don't set an alarm I'll usually sleep until somewhere between 9-11am, but I quite often have to get up between 7-8am to go to uni and stuff. I find it difficult to get to bed any earlier than midnight, even if I have good intentions and plan to go to bed earlier usually by the time I get into bed it is past midnight. It usually takes a good hour after I think, 'right, I'm going to bed' for me to actually find myself in bed. Sometimes it can take me quite a long time to get to sleep, it's not unusual for me to lie awake for over an hour waiting for sleep to come, but once I'm asleep if undisturbed I usually sleep pretty well and don't wake up again until my alarm goes or 8+ hours have passed. Unfortunately though now it's got colder my cat has decided the warmest place to sleep is on my chest, neck or head and so I am frequently woken up by her forcing me to lie in incredibly uncomfortable positions.

I can function quite happily on 6 hours sleep, but to feel really rested I'd much prefer to get 8-10 hours, which is what I usually get if I wake up naturally rather than with an alarm. I can manage less than 6 hours sleep or skipping a night's sleep for a day or two, but after that I'm not very good if I don't get a long stretch of sleep though and I can't manage naps. If I have a nap at any point in the day I will usually be grumpy and tired from waking up to going back to bed, and then I usually can't get to sleep for hours.

My sleep patterns are all but organized. On Sun-Thurs I stay up anywhere from 10pm to 1am. I sleep until about 6-7:20 and then go to school. On Fri and Sat I stay up from 11-3 and sleep until 11am-2pm. I also have trouble staying asleep. I'll fall asleep and then wake up, only to be able to wonder why I woke up before falling asleep again.

I naturally sleep for about 9-10 hours, however I only get this at weekends. Typically I'll manage 7-8 hours during then working week.
    Like Jess and others I often find it difficult to get to sleep, and sometimes I'll wake up repeatedly during the night. I also move around a lot in my sleep, I'm pretty sure I spend most of the night wriggling and squirming around for no good reason! I regularly wake up to find I've kicked the quilt off the bed, and up until a couple of years ago I'd find it on the other side of the room at least a couple of times a month. I think that's one of the main reasons why I like my sleepsuits so much!

I sleep mostly during the day because of working nights but however, I give myself time to go back to the day hours when I have to. I work nights Tues-Thurs, and Sunday AMs and that's hard to do sometimes. So what I do is I sleep between 7am-4pm when I work nights, and when I work Sunday AMs, by that time I'm back on a day routine.

Most times I average about 8-10 hours of sleep. Today I slept good, which is needed.

My sleep pattern is when I want to sleep I sleep when I don't I don't

I work long hours so I have to be up early. Until last month I was living with my parents and generally going to bed at 10pm and getting up at 6am. If I went to bed any later than 10pm I would be grumpy and feel really tired. Now, since I have moved out im rebelling and staying up late - woohoo no parents!!! im now going to bed about 11.30pm and have to get up at 5.30. I actually feel better in the morning although I am tired at the end of the day but as soon as im home I feel like partying again with my housemates or playing just one last cheeky game on the playstation. Probably not a sustainable amount of sleep but kids dont think long term

When i have school I'm in bed around 11 and I'm up around 6. On the weekends I go to bed at 1ish in the morning and wake up around 10.

I go to bed most nights around 11-12 but sometimes early in the morning, sometimes like 9 or 10 (but rarely)
    usually get up between 7 and 8 gots to be out the door around 8:45 for work
    on the weekends Its usually early morning when I get to sleep, but my internal alarm usually gets me up 7-8ish, I just have to sleep twice in one day at some point during the weekend to even it out lol