Thread: Kinect? Anyone?

Default Kinect? Anyone?

Is anyone who owns an existing XBOX 360 or is planning on getting one interested in Kinect? I've read a lot about it and I am interested for several reasons...well, one main reason, actually. Besides the fact that I think the games could be really fun, I was hoping this would be a good way for my wife to finally join me in playing on the XBOX. ....hmmm, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I'll probably wait for the device to come out and get reviewed before jumping in, but I was wondering if anyone here was interested.

I really don't see it doing that well. There's only so much you can do with it. A controller has what.. 12 or so buttons? How do you map all that do motions a human does? It may be fun for minigame type party games, similar to stuff on the Wii, but I don't see it having too much potential for full games. I know the one racing game just automatically accelerates, because there isn't really a way to tell the game you want to speed up or slow down.

It's a great concept, I just don't think it will do well. I may very well be wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.