Thread: ADISC, I need your expertise!

Default ADISC, I need your expertise!

This will be my last thread of the day; I don't want to hog the forum.

Today I get to go on a 5 hour road trip back to my hometown - and I'm driving by myself! Yep, we all know what that means: A gallon of juice and a thick diaper on the way down. My parents said I could borrow their car for a few days to do that, so when I leave, I'll make a quick stop at the next town to buy a pack. Just wish me luck and lend me some balls, because I'm already shaking at the idea.

I'm not a big diaper buyer (I buy bottles and pacis), so what kind of diaper would you recommend that I can get at a Save-On-Foods or Safeway? I would prefer plastic backed, if possible.

Thanks in advance, guys!
    Last edited by Adyson; 25-Oct-2010 at 20:03.

Honestly, I think the best you are going to get are some Depends--and if you are going to make those last more than a few hours, you'll need to double up. Even then, leakage may occur while sitting down, so I would strongly recommend putting a trash bag and (maybe) a towel on your seat to keep the interior of your vehicle protected.

The important thing to remember is that you'll want to be able to focus on the driving while you are...well, driving. Just make sure the diaper doesn't become too distracting.

Otherwise, I wish you well! Have a safe trip.

[EDIT] On another note, wouldn't you be able to find something better in Berlin? I wonder if Peachy might have some better advice to offer....

Depends and a baby diaper stuffer. (Preferably Pampers, Huggies are shaped oddly.) Can't go wrong with that when it comes to value.

And by the way, you can borrow my balls. I just cleaned them with Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    Honestly, I think the best you are going to get are some Depends--and if you are going to make those last more than a few hours, you'll need to double up. Even then, leakage may occur while sitting down, so I would strongly recommend putting a trash bag and (maybe) a towel on your seat to keep the interior of your vehicle protected.

The important thing to remember is that you'll want to be able to focus on the driving while you are...well, driving. Just make sure the diaper doesn't become too distracting.

Otherwise, I wish you well! Have a safe trip.

[EDIT] On another note, wouldn't you be able to find something better in Berlin? I wonder if Peachy might have some better advice to offer....
    What kind of depends? I was thinking Depends Maximum Protection. I can't stand the cloth, pull-up depends. That's a crappy diaper (no pun intended) :P And thanks so much for the safe trip wishes

Yes, I would recommend "Maximum Protection"--the plastic-backed type. I've tried the cloth type and it feels softer, but it leaks terribly (especially when sitting down).

And your welcome! Have a fun trip!

My advise is not about the type of diaper you choose to wear, but for adding a little extra protection for the driver's seat in your parents car. I suggest that you place a large, plastic trash bag over the seat and then cover it with a large bath, or beach towel. This will help to assure that any leaks do not soil the car seat. It would suck to have what could be a very fun road-trip ruined by having to explain to your parents how any stains, or bad smells, got into the car seat's coverings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kif View Post
    Yes, I would recommend "Maximum Protection"--the plastic-backed type. I've tried the cloth type and it feels softer, but it leaks terribly (especially when sitting down).

And your welcome! Have a fun trip!
    Well, I grabbed a 20 pack of Depends maximum protection, but in my panicked haste, I grabbed the large and not s/m (I'm a 34"). God be damned. Oh well, eh? They still fit okay though. Thanks for recommending them!

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    My advise is not about the type of diaper you choose to wear, but for adding a little extra protection for the driver's seat in your parents car. I suggest that you place a large, plastic trash bag over the seat and then cover it with a large bath, or beach towel. This will help to assure that any leaks do not soil the car seat. It would suck to have what could be a very fun road-trip ruined by having to explain to your parents how any stains, or bad smells, got into the car seat's coverings.
    And thank you for recommending the towel. I made sure I grabbed one and although I didn't leak, it gave me that extra confidence to wet a lot.

Oh, and thanks to Shukkume for lending me some balls. They really helped, lol :P

It's funny, I've been an AB for over 10 years, and today was my first time in a diaper. You can understand my shakiness.

Glad to see everything went well. I hope it was fun. I've often though about being diapered on long drives, especially when I was on a motorcycle (taking off all that gear to use the restroom is a hassle, and trying to use a urinal while still wearing a helmet, armored jacket and gloves is worse).

Cush, now I understand your difficulty with the fly in your briefs. The brief fly was never designed to be used by a man wearing a helmet, stiff jacket, and heavy motorcycling gloves.

Heck, I have trouble with the briefs fly even when I'm wearing normal clothes. I figured the fly was just an excuse to add some extra cloth in the front in case of minor accidents :3