Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is an embarassing question, please take it seriously.

Default This is an embarassing question, please take it seriously.

I masturbate at times, but I don't like to because I feel nasty at the end. Is there a way I can prevent myself from getting aroused in the first place, even though I don't know what I get aroused at?

Believe me, it takes practice. Literally, years and years of practice in order to disassociate change time with happy time (that is if that is what you are referring to). There is a time and a place for everything, and you may be one of those people who finds deeper meaning and satisfaction through infantilism than sexual drive, but you are still aroused. Don't worry, if you try to stop yourself one time, then another time, then another time, practice, reward yourself in other ways, you'll eventually train yourself to not become aroused.

If you want me to be honest, I think it's not the masturbation that's the issue, but rather the feelings of guilt and nastiness. But, alas, I promote teen masturbation because it's healthy for your body and mind.

I think you and I are in a somewhat similar boat, however. As of recently (and I mean like in the past few days) I've been experiencing spontaneous orgasms since I'm in my yearly arousal cycle. (Last year I was on Prozac, which greatly dampened my sexual drive.) It certainly isn't fun. What I'd recommend is self-discipline and behavioural conditioning. Put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it whenever your willy gets happy. Eventually your brain will associate arousal with the snapping of the rubber band and it won't even bother anymore. It works for dieters who want to overeat, apparently. (I should try that to curb my carb cravings...)

As someone who got into trouble as a teen, I believe masturbation is very important. Morals over youth sexuality seem to send a lot of mixed messages. Ie: highly sexualized on TV, but people tell you not do anything until you are 18. Masturbation is perfectly natural, and there is nothing dirty about it. Focus on the enjoyment of it, and what might arouse you. Hormones are not something you can just make go away, and if the pent up stress is not released, it is not good for you. If you are not yet sexually active masturbation is a safe and harmless way to deal with the stress of raging hormones.

The problem is not getting aroused, it's how you feel after masturbating.

And this problem is something that many members of this site will identify with! I certainly do; at your age I too felt guilty/nasty after masturbating, and I think this something that most people with a fetish will experience.

They key to getting over it is accepting yourself, and coming to terms with what arouses you. Easier said than done, but this website will help a lot. Seeing like-minded, sensible individuals struggling with similar issue that you have will help you accept TB/DLism and with that masturbation will no longer have this bad side-effect!

Too bad I don't feel the same way afterwards, so I can't really know how you feel. I've never been "normal" in any way from day one, including with the masturbation thing. I don't feel nasty or guilty after, just relieved, but sometimes I wish it could last longer, or I feel a little exhausted.

Anyway... From what I see, it's normal to feel that way, because masturbating is still a taboo, thanks to religion. Yet it's a perfectly normal thing, and as it's been mentioned it's even good for your health! Personally after I did it, I can concentrate on my other activities without being aroused by the slightest thought about diapers and/or baby stuff and/or furries and/or sex.

Once you accept who you are, you'll feel a lot better. Yeah, the biggest effort is to do it, but it is worth it. ^_^

I feel the same way sometimes. I think the reasons, for me anyway, are transgender feelings (like I shouldn't even have the parts I use to masturbate) and ABness (like I hate sexual feelings because they make me feel older). These are also some reasons I'm asexual. I don't want sex, and I don't like sexual feelings much, but I still have erections and I still masturbate. Masturbation is healthy anyway, so I try not to worry about it too much. I have bigger problems to worry about.

The rubber band trick Shukkume mentioned might be worth a try.

Your body physically needs to get rid of semen. So it's going to be either by your hand or in your sleep. The way I see it... you could try and not feel so disgusted by it... or not masturbate too might help. At least not very much. Try and surround yourself with company so it's harder too? Because you can't get rid of arousal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Your body physically needs to get rid of semen.
    That's one way I try to think about it. I try to think of it as something that needs to be done, just like peeing. It makes me feel not so bad because it's like I'm just doing a normal thing that has to be done. (regardless of the arousing thoughts that make it happen)

I think Thar nothing wrong with masturbating