Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone remember old tena slips?

Default anyone remember old tena slips?

I was thinking back to my first "proper" adult nappy, back in mid 2002 when I was 11 (I couldn't fit into baby nappies back then) after I had a wet accident at school.

It was a green Tena Slip, probably a super, but instead of it being white with a green stripe it was green all over - and a lot thicker and plasticky! It felt really good when wet - very squishy and warm! They also smelt different too, instead of plastic it smelt slightly of lavender or some other fragrance. They really swelled up when wet too I seem to recall..

I'm just wondering if anyone else remembers them - I think it was in late 2002/early 2003 that they changed over to white and thinner nappies, but I do miss the old green ones.

Suppose I'm in a nostalgic mood lol

crazykittensmile

I don't remember them from 2002, but a couple of years ago I ordered some Tena Slip from ebay and I got sent a back of the green-backed older ones you described. I still had some up until a few months ago - I prefer the new Tenas as I prefer the softer plastic, but they were still pretty good

Remember them well. Slip Maxi was white, Super was green and Plus was blue (I think), the ones available here were all made in the Netherlands at the time and came in huge white packets of 20 or more nappies each pack which I used to try and carry home on the train nonchalantly.

Peachy

I remember those, although I only ever had one pack of those. In fact, I still have one of the old Tena Maxis (unused, of course) when they were completely white.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by skalboi90 View Post
    I wish I had a Tardis...
    Keep a look out on ebay - they come up from time to time. They're not always listed as the older slips, but look for pictures where the Tena packaging is white instead of blue.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skalboi90 View Post
    I wish I had a Tardis...
    Keep a look out on ebay - they come up from time to time. They're not always listed as the older slips, but look for pictures where the Tena packaging is white instead of blue.
    What will, Tardises? That's how I got mine!