Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of looping thoughts?

Question Anyone heard of looping thoughts?

Well i have this problem thats been bothering me for a while. I know this belongs in a counselor or doctor's office, but...

I think about the same things over and over. Little things. Ill say them in my mind over and over again. An example would be: "I like pizza" And you catch yourself thinking that to yourself every 10 minutes. You cant stop either. Its destroying me psychologically. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Funny comments are accepted lol

My guess is that its something to do with anxiety??

How long have you had this kind of thoughts? Since childhood? Or did this start recently?

Remember, we're not psychlogists or anything. We can point you to the right people to see about this, though.

Briankelly130

I think I've had the nightmarish version of that, imagine the idea that you're sick and in bed and in your head you have this dream like thing where robots are in your head, trying to fix everything and make you better again, now imagine that on a never ending cycle, you can't get it out of your head, you can't try and change the subject, it just keeps going on and on and on and the worst part is that it's not a dream, you're awake while this is happening and it's preventing you from sleeping, that happened to me one night and I think I got to sleep sometime after but that was really scary

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    I think I've had the nightmarish version of that, imagine the idea that you're sick and in bed and in your head you have this dream like thing where robots are in your head, trying to fix everything and make you better again, now imagine that on a never ending cycle, you can't get it out of your head, you can't try and change the subject, it just keeps going on and on and on and the worst part is that it's not a dream, you're awake while this is happening and it's preventing you from sleeping, that happened to me one night and I think I got to sleep sometime after but that was really scary
    hahahahah!

Butterfly Mage

It sounds sort of like obsessive-compulsive disorder. My partner/spouse get that problem from rime to time and that is his diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambles View Post
    Well i have this problem thats been bothering me for a while. I know this belongs in a counselor or doctor's office, but...

I think about the same things over and over. Little things. Ill say them in my mind over and over again. An example would be: "I like pizza" And you catch yourself thinking that to yourself every 10 minutes. You cant stop either. Its destroying me psychologically. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Funny comments are accepted lol

My guess is that its something to do with anxiety??
    Lol i have those thoughts buts that due to my ADHD
    and you guessed one of them "I Like Pizza" and other things usually like "What if the goverment is spying on me"
    or like "I love Tacos" i got more but those are more personal and some you wont understand
    but they just come back in my mind every 5 mins
    even at times i say them
    i would have to say because you are bored but i find it fun because at least every 5 mins i can think about it again
    and think of a different view point. Ive had this since i can remeber(age:3 but that was with video games and food.)

I used to have a set of words play over and over to the point of keeping me from thinking about anything else. I don't know when they started or stopped occuring, but they were annoying.
    They would loop, like, "And um but um and um well then and um but um and um..." What could possibly be more annoying?

Wat can be more annoying hmmm
    the mosquito sound yup yup
    But you can get rid of looping thoughts
    the only downfall to that process is that sometimes you will get rid of them but youll eventually get a new one in your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Wat can be more annoying hmmm
    the mosquito sound yup yup
    But you can get rid of looping thoughts
    the only downfall to that process is that sometimes you will get rid of them but youll eventually get a new one in your mind
    Wow you know exactly what im going through! I have gotten rid of them before, but a new one appears.

yup lol
    im guessing you have ADHD too
    because thats why i have them
    but unlike you i dont mind them
    like i said they keep me entertained during school
    and sometimes i blurt them out which at times is funny