Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What pets you have/want? :3

Default What pets you have/want? :3

Well, I WAS thinking of discussing this in other threads but since they aren't open.. Anyway, I'm just rather curious about this and am quite a animal lover. <3

I have 3 dogs (dachund/dalmation mix, chow/lab mix, and a female retriever)
    3 kats, 2 champagne ferrets, and a feesh.

a Pet I WOULD like to have is a fennec fox, a coon or a mongoose!
    And for a random thought: giving one of them a patch of purple on their tail.

Zzza

I have 1 dog. I used to have two, including the one I have now. But the dog (Lady) had to be put-down. She got too sick. I remember the night my mom told me. I cried all through the night. She was with me as long as I could remember. We got her at the pound. She had such a hard life with her previous owner - one of the employees said she got beat constantly. Whenever the owner saw her, he would throw rocks at her. Thanks to that, she got a broken hip. She got a fake one, but they put it in a uncomfortable position. We named her Lady because whenever she crossed her arms when she laid down - which was often. Even though lady was a sheep dog, she hated to walk. Her hip would start to hurt. I remember me and my sister pretending to baa like a sheep. She would start barking. That was fun. One time, when it was Easter, I got a HUGE chocolate bunny. We went to my grandma's Easter party. When we came back home, the chocolate bunny's feet was only left, and lady had chocolate on her lips. We were suprised she didn't get hurt or anything. She just got sick. But that's not when she died. The night I was told she died, that was the first time I cried because someone died - My great-grandma (or "Mom" she liked to be called) died before her, and during my lifetime. My sister cried, but I didn't. I had to keep strong. I just HAD to. But the night Lady died, I just lost it. I couldn't control it. I loved her with all my MIGHT. She was the best dog someone could have. She was part of my LIFE. We had her cremated, so we would always be near her. In the box with her ashes are the gold plated letters - L-A-D-Y. And that is the name of the best dog that ever walked this planet.

I don't have any pets. When I lived with my mother we had 2 dogs. But when I moved out I decided not to have any pets due to me not being home vary much. Hoping in the next few months to get my all time wanted pet. A emperor scorpion. I bought a large fish tank at a yard sell a few weeks ago and already have it set up. I've always wanted one but my mom wouldn't let me. Now that I have my own house I will have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzza View Post
    I have 1 dog. I used to have two, including the one I have now. But the dog (Lady) had to be put-down. She got too sick. I remember the night my mom told me. I cried all through the night. She was with me as long as I could remember. We got her at the pound. She had such a hard life with her previous owner - one of the employees said she got beat constantly. Whenever the owner saw her, he would throw rocks at her. Thanks to that, she got a broken hip. She got a fake one, but they put it in a uncomfortable position. We named her Lady because whenever she crossed her arms when she laid down - which was often. Even though lady was a sheep dog, she hated to walk. Her hip would start to hurt. I remember me and my sister pretending to baa like a sheep. She would start barking. That was fun. One time, when it was Easter, I got a HUGE chocolate bunny. We went to my grandma's Easter party. When we came back home, the chocolate bunny's feet was only left, and lady had chocolate on her lips. We were suprised she didn't get hurt or anything. She just got sick. But that's not when she died. The night I was told she died, that was the first time I cried because someone died - My great-grandma (or "Mom" she liked to be called) died before her, and during my lifetime. My sister cried, but I didn't. I had to keep strong. I just HAD to. But the night Lady died, I just lost it. I couldn't control it. I loved her with all my MIGHT. She was the best dog someone could have. She was part of my LIFE. We had her cremated, so we would always be near her. In the box with her ashes are the gold plated letters - L-A-D-Y. And that is the name of the best dog that ever walked this planet.
    And now I'm crying. What a nice person you are. I read your post to my wife just now. As for me, my wife and I have a golden retriever. Several weeks ago I discovered a growth on her back between her shoulder blades. I brought her into the vets and they were afraid of cancer. She's 9 years old so I was worried. They removed the tumor and the report came back that the tumor was benign (not cancerous). She's back to wagging her tail. It's so hard to lose a dog and I know that time will come, so I enjoy every moment that I'm with her.

JDdl

Quote Originally Posted by Zzza View Post
    i didn't even know your dog and i miss her

my dream pet would be anything soft, furry, and (optional) small

I have a sheep dog as well. She is 10 years old, and her name is Cali. She has arthritis in her back and legs... She was on a medication for it called Rimadyl, but that shit made her have violent seizures whenever she started to dose off. Now that she's off it, she is just... Different. Very paranoid.

I waaaaaaant... A fox, a wolf, a skunk, a ferret, a squirrel, and maybe a hedgehog!
    Not all at the same time though! That would be chaotic!

i got a cat, had her for about 4 years, she's not purebreed, so hard to say what she is.

JDdl

oh and i forgot to mention that i have 3 cats
    one of them drools, one is a few years old but still looks like a kitten, and the last one has asthma (but whenever i tell anyone they don't believe me because they say it would need an inhaler)

i have 1 dog, a little westie
    she is without a doubt the best pet i have ever had, i do want a lizard

I have two dogs at my house. A Black Labbe and a Mutt thats a golden retriever-Blue heiler Mix (He turned out white with black and blue spots lol!)

My dream pet is to have a wallaby (miniature kangaroo). Ever since i met my cousins from Australia, I've been fascinated with marsupials from there. Especially the kangaroos, wallaroos, and of course the wallabies. I even live by a guy who owns them. He also owns a buncha camels, elk, ostriches and llamas.

I like the wallaby because its essentially a kangaroo but is easier to maintain. It eats less and isn't quite as dangerous. I love animals, but wallabies are my number one pick when it comes to pets. Believe it or not, but my name "Wambles" is actually a nickname that derived from my love for wallabies