Thread: eating disorders

love

Default eating disorders

does anyone else suffer from one? or have you?

i just really need some support at the moment...

crazykittensmile

I used to have an eating disorder, I no longer count myself as having an eating disorder (although my eating is still very disordered) and I am at a normal weight now, but I have been there. For a few years I hardly ate, and if i did eat anything I would always throw it up. I saw councillors and doctors who didn't help at all, but with the help of some very good friends I managed to get to a point where I was comfortable eating. But anyway, if you want some support from somebody who may have an idea how you're feeling then I'm here I don't think you can send PMs until you have made 20 posts, but I'm happy to chat on the public boards here if you are Otherwise you only need another 4 posts to access the private messaging function, so feel free to message me when you become a regular if you want to talk

love

here is okay

it's just that i just binged and i really don't want to purge, because i've been getting a lot of blood lately. and i need help not to

Been there, love. I used to have horrible self-esteem issues, and I would binge and purge all the time. I'm somewhat better now, but I try to deter my appetite with nicotine gum and caffeine. Not healthy, I know. I like being curvy, though, so I don't even understand why I do it. I do feel the same way you do, though. :/ I just went to a festival and I ate funnel cake, ugh.

But whenever I feel like doing unhealthy stuff, I need to remember that I need to train to be the best EMT I can be. (I'm in training now, and I need to be MUSCLEY AND BUFFFFFFF.)

Butterfly Mage

My mom has had anorexia for most of her life. Fortunately, I learned to not develop that habit. I'm about 15 pounds overweight and I don't give a damn

love

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    Been there, love. I used to have horrible self-esteem issues, and I would binge and purge all the time. I'm somewhat better now, but I try to deter my appetite with nicotine gum and caffeine. Not healthy, I know. I like being curvy, though, so I don't even understand why I do it. I do feel the same way you do, though. :/ I just went to a festival and I ate funnel cake, ugh.

But whenever I feel like doing unhealthy stuff, I need to remember that I need to train to be the best EMT I can be. (I'm in training now, and I need to be MUSCLEY AND BUFFFFFFF.)

thats a good way to deter your negative thoughts. the training, not the smoking. im writing my 'daddy' a letter to distract myself. thanks for your reply, it helped a lot

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    My mom has had anorexia for most of her life. Fortunately, I learned to not develop that habit. I'm about 15 pounds overweight and I don't give a damn
    that's great that it hasnt affected you!

Quote Originally Posted by love View Post
    thats a good way to deter your negative thoughts. the training, not the smoking. im writing my 'daddy' a letter to distract myself. thanks for your reply, it helped a lot!
    I've actually never smoked, I just chew the nicorette gum. But only for a few seconds, because then it tastes nasty. And, trust me, darlin', if you ever want to talk to me, I'm all ears.

Yumi

I have had an eating disorder since I was 13.