Thread: PC Crashed

Default PC Crashed

My main pc has crashed causing me to use my bros pc, there is a problem that i can classify.

on startup it says

BOOTMGR is missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

before that my pc kept on crashing saying

windows explorer has stopped responding
    windows explorer is restarting

is there any way to fix this or do i need professorial help for this?

Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

check this site out man it might help!!!

good luck i have done it before not hard todo but hard to explain

Quote Originally Posted by mtdl84 View Post
    Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista - How-To Geek

check this site out man it might help!!!

good luck i have done it before not hard todo but hard to explain
    ive already did that before visiting that site and it still gives me the same error, im a programmer and i dont think there is anything i could do...

bummer well i hope what ever u try works. i sure know how many things i have lost cause ive had to reload an os

Quote Originally Posted by mtdl84 View Post
    bummer well i hope what ever u try works. i sure know how many things i have lost cause ive had to reload an os
    well i guess there is nothing else to do, then send it to some kind of pc fixer might have to get a hard drive, not losing much though. i will just be happy that it will get fixed

OK, Here are some suggestions for you. First thing to know is that in this case it is likely your drive is dead or dying. It could also be a virus, or a failed attempt to install a second operating system. There are a few other things that could cause this, but I wont get in to them.

To fix this you could try the following.

1. Try to boot the computer while pushing the F8 key (start just after the POST or manufacturer's logo, and continue through the Windows logo to access the black screen with other start-up options. There should be options to try the last configuration that worked, and also one to roll back to a previous restore point. You should try the latest one first. If this doesn't work try below before moving to an older date. If the suggestion below doesn't work then try older restore points.

2. Remove the drive from the computer it is in, and use a USB to IDE/SATA adapter to connect it to a working computer (you can also install it in the other computer if it's a desktop using the internal IDE or SATA connectors). Make sure you have working and up to date anti-virus software running on the other computer. Boot the second PC and wait for the drive to be located and installed by Windows. Once this is done, you should see it in the list of drives in explorer. To get to explorer fast hold down the "Windows" key and press the "E" key. Once located, right click it and select "properties" from the menu. In the new window that comes up, click on the "tools" tab and under "Error-Checking" click on "check now". Once you do this a new box will pop up with options to "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"; check both boxes and click "Start". This will correct the problem under most circumstances. It may ask to reboot saying it will attempt the scan at next boot if it has any problems under the GUI. If this doesn't work, you may want to try a repair using a windows installation disc which may work, but rarely does.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but it is usually effective if the drive and data are not to damaged. It also allows you to check the integrity of the drive.

When you get the problem fixed download this program and it will stop the BOOTMGR is missing problems.
    PageDefrag

Your BOOTMGR gets fragmented over time and this program defragments it when you boot up daily.
    your windows defrag program does not work in the start-up area

I would get the bootmgr is missing about every 6 months because the boot program was fragmented..
    after putting this on my computer i have not had the problem.

alright here is the thing, my laptop is covered under a 4 year waranty and im just going to take it in and get it fixed.

Did you delete the windows boot manager partition? I accidentally did that once and I just popped my USB with W7 into my computer and did a repair.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post
    Did you delete the windows boot manager partition? I accidentally did that once and I just popped my USB with W7 into my computer and did a repair.
    i sent it in being repaired, so not much i can do now but wait will be a couple days now