Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers per day?

Default Diapers per day?

My finace and I are going to try AP this week.

I am curious how many diapers we will need for him to wear for 24 hours.

How many to you use on average in that period of time? Just so we can get a ballpark figure.

I would say roughly 3-4 diapers per day. You might be able to get away with less if you use high-quality diapers though. Good luck to both of you!

crazykittensmile

That will depend somewhat on what brand of diapers you're using. If you're using a diaper with high absorbency (Abena, Dry 24/7, Bambino etc), he's just drinking a normal amount and doesn't mind being in a wet diaper for hours at a time then you could probably get away with just using 2-3. If on the other hand you use a less-absorbent brand, he's drinking a lot of fluids or if he likes to be changed soon after wetting then you could probably double that amount.

Presumably he has a rough idea of how long a diaper usually lasts him, so if you know a diaper usually lasts him x number of hours, and there are 24 hours in a day, you can probably work out how many he'll need. Just make sure you have a few more than you'll need just in case, and if you don't use them they could always be used another day.

Enjoy your week

When I AP by myself I try to diaper change as often as I think a toddler of the age I'm playing would--which is something I'm not sure of to begin with. But usually if I go 24/7 (which is rare now, long time since I last did it), I would say about 5 diapers in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnroswald View Post
    I would say roughly 3-4 diapers per day. You might be able to get away with less if you use high-quality diapers though. Good luck to both of you!
    Thank you very much. We are very excited and nervous to open this chapater of our lives!

squonk

For me it is 4-5 a day.

Make it like 5 or 6, if you hate being in a wet nappy for a while. Also assume that the nappies are not the best, more like mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by pampersboy25 View Post
    When I AP by myself I try to diaper change as often as I think a toddler of the age I'm playing would--which is something I'm not sure of to begin with. But usually if I go 24/7 (which is rare now, long time since I last did it), I would say about 5 diapers in a day.
    I'd agree with that. Unless the whole sit in a soggy nappy for as long as possible thing is what you're after 5or6 changes a day are probably going to be in order. Someone will probably be very uncomfortable otherwise.

I use Dry 24/7 and could go an entire day with one or two if I had to, but would more realistically change 3 or so times.