Thread: Can wearing 24/7 make you incon?

Exclamation Can wearing 24/7 make you incon?

I know that after years and years of doing it, it can eventually happen, but what if you do it only a few days a week? Will you loose all bladder control, or will you still be okay? What does everyone think?

PS. Talking about wetting only here.....

Leonard

If you go as soon as ou get the feeling to go, and i mean AS SOON AS, it might slowly become more difficult to hold it in, but this will need to be for a bit more than a week. Completely incontinent? That'll never actually happen. At least this is how i understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
    If you go as soon as ou get the feeling to go, and i mean AS SOON AS, it might slowly become more difficult to hold it in, but this will need to be for a bit more than a week. Completely incontinent? That'll never actually happen. At least this is how i understand it.
    I've heard differently. On other diaper sites, aimed for adults rather than teens, people have reported going diapered 24/7 for lengthier periods of time and actually having to potty train themselves again. If you don't use the muscles in your bladder, they eventually will start to weaken.
    Really, though, it's if you go 24/7 for long periods of time. I don't know what that amount is, and I'm sure it varies per person, but people can regress enough to become fully or partially incontinent. It's simply retraining your body to react differently.

from what i understand, it would only be after a year or two of wearing diapers 24/7 with no breaks that you'd notice any difference at all. and even then it would be a slow gradual process and you could change your mind at any time if you wanted to restrengthen your bladder muscles.

it doesn't happen by accident -- you'd have to be really serious and dedicated to making it happen. people have done it, though (god knows why), and i've heard that after many years without bladder control it takes some work to regain it.

Even wearing 24/7 for years won't make you incontinent unless you put in a lot of effort into becoming incontinent. ie: make an effort to never hold back, pee in every position, pee even when you know you will leak, pee on the floor when you are out of diapers and all the other things that the un-training programs advocate. Unless you are taking it that far you have nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    people have reported going diapered 24/7 for lengthier periods of time and actually having to potty train themselves again. If you don't use the muscles in your bladder, they eventually will start to weaken.
    I would expect the problem there to be twofold... 1. the weakening of the muscles I could sort of see, where your capacity gets really low or you start to have problems with "holding it" once you start getting notice, but the big worry is 2. losing your body'd notice and just finding yourself wetting without realizing you even had to go. THAT is the basis of the "have to re-train yourself" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I would expect the problem there to be twofold... 1. the weakening of the muscles I could sort of see, where your capacity gets really low or you start to have problems with "holding it" once you start getting notice, but the big worry is 2. losing your body'd notice and just finding yourself wetting without realizing you even had to go. THAT is the basis of the "have to re-train yourself" problem.
    I agree with Bambinod, you'd basically be atrophying the muscles by not using them (see someone in a coma who has to learn to walk again because the muscles faded), but also the psychological (if you never worried about holding it, eventually you'd stop noticing) and then poof, you'd be incontinent.

Now... You can't make yourself permanently incontinent (edit: accept through an accident or surgery), but you can untrain your body entirely.
    Last edited by babyloki; 22-Oct-2010 at 04:13. Reason: adding a piece

Short answer: No.

It's possible to become used to them and pee whenever the body wants to whilst wearing but that's not the same as incontinent. I've worn for long periods some times and end up peeing frequently but in small amounts, often without being too concious of it, but go back to not wearing and nothing comes out unless I want to and I don't get urges to go all the time. Does it make me pee in my sleep? No. Nearest I get to that is if my bladder is full whilst asleep and I'm dreaming that I'm peeing. It doesn't make me pee, just feels like a lot of pressure. In the end I wake up, then I pee, go back to sleep. A couple of times I've woken in the morning and only have a vague memory of waking to pee and realised I was quite wet.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    from what i understand, it would only be after a year or two of wearing diapers 24/7 with no breaks that you'd notice any difference at all. and even then it would be a slow gradual process and you could change your mind at any time if you wanted to restrengthen your bladder muscles.

it doesn't happen by accident -- you'd have to be really serious and dedicated to making it happen. people have done it, though (god knows why), and i've heard that after many years without bladder control it takes some work to regain it.
    I def. Wouldn't want to, just a curious question. I really don't know why people would want that burden either, I mean, isn't life full of problems already?