Thread: How can I take in the waist on plastic pants?

Default How can I take in the waist on plastic pants?

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to find someone very clever to help me. I like to wear Quick-Sorb or Salk Sani-Pant pull-up and snap-on plastic pants stuffed with cloth diapers. I really like to over-stuff them, so I typically like to buy them one size larger to increase their capacity. The problem I'm having is the larger size tends to fall down. This doesn't happen with the smaller size, but I can't get enough material into them to satisfy me. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to take in the waist and/or legs on plastic pants?

Thanks very much!!!

Obagink

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by Obagink View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to find someone very clever to help me. I like to wear Quick-Sorb or Salk Sani-Pant pull-up and snap-on plastic pants stuffed with cloth diapers. I really like to over-stuff them, so I typically like to buy them one size larger to increase their capacity. The problem I'm having is the larger size tends to fall down. This doesn't happen with the smaller size, but I can't get enough material into them to satisfy me. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to take in the waist and/or legs on plastic pants?

Thanks very much!!!

Obagink
    Hi Obagink! Welcome to ADISC. I can't help noticing you have not introduced yourself to us on the Greetings section. Here we assume all members have some interest in diapers. We are a support community so we want to know more about the other interests of members.

In your post you do not make it clear that your cloth diapers are fastened together above your hips. That would be the conventional way to use cloth diapers. Then you use the fastened cloth diaper to easily add more unfastened cloth diapers as soakers or stuffers.

What I use is a single 36" square 2-ply gauze diaper folded as a trapezoid with the sides tapering in such the front part is narrower then the back. This way the pins are over the hollow of my hip bones. Inside the big gauze diaper I use 1 to 3 Gerber baby Birdseye pre-folds as soakers.

To fit over the diaper I wear Kins soft vinyl pull-on panties, selecting a size large enough the panties are not stretched across the bottom back and so they do not dig into my upper thighs. This means they reach a bit higher then my waist, Their top elastic is barely tight enough to hold those vinyl panties up if I were to wear them alone or over just knit cotton panties.

To hold in my wetting I tuck the top of the vinyl panties into the top of the pinned cloth diaper all around. Within a few minutes the soft vinyl as begun clinging to my skin at the top of my diaper. The top elastic is loose enough it does not dig in or leave a mark, yet there is no leak out the top of my diaper. The trick is to be sure you select waterproof pants that are long enough to have a couple of inches of material above the top of your cloth diaper all around. Waterproof pants will last much longer if they are never tight around cloth diapers. Best is to support the cloth diaper and waterproof pants combo with a garment, such as a Onesies which will ensure the diaper remains in comfortable contact with yur skin as it gets heavier with wetting.

squonk

Having just had delivery of new larger plastic pants, I'm hoping this isn't a problem that I am going to have!