Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUK® Adult Pacifier - United States (available soon)

Post NUK® Adult Pacifier - United States (available soon)

Professional Medical Products – available soon in the U.S.

More than 50 years ago, NUK set the standard in supporting baby’s oral development. As such, NUK offers a special product line, designed for moms and babies during postnatal hospital care.

The NUK MedicPro line, featuring hospital grade products, fulfills the highest safety requirements and are developed to meet hospital standards. Hospitals choose NUK for safe, reliable and effective products to help children get the nourishment and care they need. Millions of disposable hospital nipples and pacifiers that meet FDA regulations are being used in hospitals throughout the U.S. Disposable nipples, bottles and pacifiers are key for hospital use providing a maximum level of hygiene and saving valuable time. Additional NUK MedicPro products, already used in hospitals in many countries around the world, will be available in the U.S. soon.

Therapeutic Trainer - available soon in the U.S.

According to Beatriz A. E. Padovan (Speech Therapist) the NUK Therapeutic Trainer can be used in speech, orthodontic, physiotherapeutic practice in myotherapeutic training for school children and adults. It is for overcoming a weak sucking action and normalizing malfunctions in oral motor activity - especially in case of swallowing disorders, associated with incorrect movement patterns of the tongue, or normalizing the complicated sucking and swallowing process. Also useful for apoplectic-stroken patients after consulting the doctor.

(Source: Newborn and Toddler Products - NUK)

US FDA Information

MAPA GMBH was approved on September 17, 2010, by the FDA for one of their products. (510(k) Premarket Notification)

There are additional products which the FDA is/has reviewed and looks like they are getting closer to launching the MedPro Product Line:

• NIPPLE, LAMBS FEEDING - cleft lip teat
    • SHIELD, NIPPLE - NUK Nipple Shield
    • NIPPLE, LAMBS FEEDING - cleft palate teat

So what does this mean to us in the U.S.? Maybe it will be cheaper than $25-$30 a pop? Here's to hoping!!!

Will be great if it doesn't cost a fortune and if as previusly said doesn't have to be given with a script. That would blow but anywho I'm sure there's a way to get it if u do want it and it requires a script. Well let's all hope that its cheap and easy to get

Even if it does require a script, doctors have become accustomed to their patients providing suggestions or requests for various preferred treatments. If you go in to your doctor, and tell them that you've been having problems with jaw joint pain and snoring, and you'd like to try this new gadget you heard/read about, they'll probably be happy to write you the prescription. Since it isn't a drug, they won't have any qualms about being tagged for doctor-shopping or pushing, and they don't need to spend precious time in diagnostics since you requested it up front, thus snagging them the office visit charge without the actual need to spend time talking to you.

I don't think that this will be a prescription item. I mean, technically I can go out and purchase a prosthetic limb and other medical devices without a proper prescription.

Will it be something that will be sold pretty much exclusively on the AB market and through medical distributors/retailers? Sure.

Prescription only? I can't see that being feasible for something as simple and harmless as a pacifier.

You can buy a lot more dangerous things without a prescription, needles, catheters, medications and some other stuff that can screw you up bad if you use it wrong. I can see this being sold in medical supply dealers and being ordered from a pharmacist. I doubt the market is big enough for it to be at a retail store. My understanding is that even in Germany they have to order it in.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteBedlam View Post
    I mean, technically I can go out and purchase a prosthetic limb and other medical devices without a proper prescription.
    Did you just admit to another fetish? LOL

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Really, This would be cool if it can be obtained without a scrip. My doctor has handed me Xanax and other pills without questioning me. Well he knows I'm a crazy stress ball so I guess he knew I needed it before I asked.