Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best decision of my life

Default The best decision of my life

Telling my fiance (and my brother) has been one of the best decisions of my life. After telling them, and their respective reactions were both better than I dared hope, I felt a weight lifted from me. My fiance and I are now closer than we have been in all the time that we have known each other, and without getting psyched up to tell her by you guys, and by my brother, I may have taken it to my grave.

To anyone who has this particular dirty little secret that they are keeping from a significant other, if you are serious about them, TELL THEM. I assure you, my first statement in this post is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by kamploopstrout View Post
    NEVER! You can't make me. :P
    Ditto!

-Gus

It has seriously made our relationship so much stronger.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac View Post
    Ditto!

-Gus
    It has seriously made our relationship so much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Angusmac
    Ditto!

-Gus
    We must all choose our own paths, and obviously I don't know the circumstances of your respective relationships, but I think if the people in your life who deserve to know REALLY love you, they will not only accept, but embrace this side of you.

If you go and read my posts prior to 8 days ago you will see that I was terrified, and thinking about taking it to my grave. Before telling her, and my brother, I had this fear that at the end of the day, the people who say they love me will all hurt me. Given the people who now make up my inner circle such a fear is very irrational. After telling people in my life (just those two), that fear has gone away. A lot of things that were festering in me have gone away. Like I said guys, we must all choose our own path, but my experience has made me certain that the right thing to do is to encourage others who face that crossroads to tell their significant other.

"Fortune favors the bold".

To each their own. I just wanted to say that my decision to do so was the best of my life, and I wrote my original post in the attempt to spread hope.

Telling my fiance was like ripping off a limb. I was terrified that she would freak out, think I was some sort of creeper, and possibly even leave me. The latter was the least of my worries, but a worry nonetheless.

There is nothing worth having that can be attained without risk.

Just great. I hope and pray that I will someday have the courage to do the same. I don't have a fiancee yet, but if and when that day comes, I hope I will be able to tell her.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by pampersboy25 View Post
    Just great. I hope and pray that I will someday have the courage to do the same. I don't have a fiancee yet, but if and when that day comes, I hope I will be able to tell her.

Thanks for sharing.
    When that day comes, if this site is not still around, find a similar one that is. Most people in this scene seem to be very compassionate. I am certain that people in our scene can help build you up to tell her. If I did not have the encouragement from the people here, and from my brother I would not have been able to make this leap.