Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Freak Like Me" on BBC3 ... anyone seen this?

Default "Freak Like Me" on BBC3 ... anyone seen this?

It's a programme about people with "weird habits". I saw a promo on BBC3 last night so googled it this morning and came across this clip.

To be honest I think she is making it up to get on the programme. If all she is saying is true, then surely she would know about Nuk 5s by now? But maybe that's just the huge skeptic in me.

wow, i dont even know what to say lol, im a bit skeptical too but if its true this could make an interesting watch

Looking at her face and into her eyes I get the feeling that she is a little shifty and into mind games, she looks innocent but somehow I feel that there is a lot going on behind the sceenes. She has worked all this out before hand and she is trying to look shy even though she`s not. I think some maniplulation is going on, secretive, sly, dominant, I would not trust her. I think she is after the money.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Guineapigged View Post
    To be honest I think she is making it up to get on the programme. If all she is saying is true, then surely she would know about Nuk 5s by now? But maybe that's just the huge skeptic in me.
    I've had and used dummies since I was about 8 or 9 (I'm 23 now) and I don't think I'd heard of NUK 5's until a couple of years ago - I only bought my first a few weeks ago, and I didn't like it. If she's always had baby dummies she might not want a NUK 5, I don't like the NUK 5 because I am so used to the baby-sized nipples I've been using for almost 15 years. Plus they are expensive.

The thing that leaves me a bit sceptical is that her teeth just look too nice to have been using a dummy, particularly one with a cherry teat, every day for 18 years. I work with disabled children and young adults, and I have worked with a couple of profoundly disabled teens who still had and used dummies - the years of sucking a dummy had really affected their teeth and in both cases their teeth were very crooked - in the case of one boy he had a dummy-shaped gap when he closed his teeth where the teeth hadn't come in properly because he'd been using a dummy when his adult teeth came in, and using a dummy had further worn down his teeth from the constant friction. Sucking on a dummy in later childhood as the adult teeth come through can have awful affects on a child's teeth, so unless she's had work done I'd doubt she used it as much as she claims as a child.

Nope, not buying it.

She probably heard about it, or has a friend with the habit, and just went for her 15 minutes.

Or the producers got an actress to do it.

She annoys me :P something about her, just frustrates me...

also, sucking on a Paci for that many years would fuck up her teeth. possibly leaving her looking like this

Thats what your teeth would be like if you sucked a Paci for long periods everyday for years.

I think she's fake.
    Last edited by Snaps; 19-Oct-2010 at 03:34.

Oh gee I thought it was going to be something freaky. Noting other peoples skepticism I have to say if real what's the big deal with that making TV? If just for her 15 minutes of fame she is a weirdo!

Pretty though

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Oh gee I thought it was going to be something freaky. Noting other peoples skepticism I have to say if real what's the big deal with that making TV? If just for her 15 minutes of fame she is a weirdo!

Pretty though
    My guess is it is only half true - she probably does still have a dummy, but only uses it occasionally. She likely would have been told to grossly exaggerate how often she uses her dummy for the cameras. It seems odd that she would completely lie about using a dummy just to get on TV, and the show only paid for expenses so she would have gotten no money for doing it, so I think there probably is some truth in it. But a very exaggerated truth.

ahhh! Make the giant picture of bad teeth go away!!!