Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Mario Bros and the NES turn 25

Default Super Mario Bros and the NES turn 25

Today is the 25th anniversary of the Nintendo Entertainment System and probably one of the greatest games of all time, Super Mario Bros. So take out of your old nintendo, blow the dust off of it and play some classic like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Contra, Castlevania, Kirby, Tertis, TMNT, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, and others today .

What's even crazier is that the company Nintendo is 126 years old. They apparently started as a playing card company back in 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Geez, am I really that old now?
    Hell, I'm only 21 and I feel old too. I remember being in preschool and play SMB, Zelda, Super C and Ninja Gaiden 2 on my family old tv which is ironically in my room now and has a NES hook up to it at the moment lol.

Even crazier is that Nintendo is the only Japanese video game manufacturer that ever sued its fans for creating a doujinshi with their trademark characters. In this case, it was a pervy Pokemon doujin. Not one of Nintendo's brightest moments, but there you go.

I do remember that horrible movie that was made for the sole purpose of promoting Super Mario Brothers 3, though. About an autistic kid who runs away and eventually masters the new game when it is first unvieled before an audience of rabid Nintendo fanboys....... Again, not one of Nintendo's brightest moments.

Back on topic - Super Mario Brothers was a milestone in my childhood. That, and The Legend of Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily View Post
    Even crazier is that Nintendo is the only Japanese video game manufacturer that ever sued its fans for creating a doujinshi with their trademark characters. In this case, it was a pervy Pokemon doujin. Not one of Nintendo's brightest moments, but there you go.

I do remember that horrible movie that was made for the sole purpose of promoting Super Mario Brothers 3, though. About an autistic kid who runs away and eventually masters the new game when it is first unvieled before an audience of rabid Nintendo fanboys....... Again, not one of Nintendo's brightest moments.

Back on topic - Super Mario Brothers was a milestone in my childhood. That, and The Legend of Zelda.
    I loved that movie as a kid! Btw it was called "The Wizard" and starred Fred Savage.

Quote Originally Posted by johnroswald View Post
    I loved that movie as a kid! Btw it was called "The Wizard" and starred Fred Savage.
    I actually have that movie on my DVR. I remember it from when I was younger, and always loved it. I remember buying Super Mario 3 when it first came out, and played it just about all day every day until I beat the game. I have 6 original Nintendo consoles floating around the house now, and intend to rebuild them and put them away for later. I play Super Mario Wii now and have beat the game, but still enjoy going through the levels looking for hidden things, and trying to clear every level 100%.

I plan to play all of the original Mario Bros games again soon. I miss the old ones!

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    I have 6 original Nintendo consoles floating around the house now, and intend to rebuild them and put them away for later.
    Umm...there only 5 consoles I think....NES/Famicom/NES2/Famicom2, SNES/Super Famicom/SNES/Super Famicom2, N64, GameCube, Wii with two add-on Famicom Disk System and 64DD plus the Game & Watch Series, Gameboy series (Gameboy, Pocket, Color, Advance, SP, Micro) and DS series (DS, DS lite, DSi, DSixl, 3DS) and Virtual Boy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Umm...there only 5 consoles I think....NES/Famicom/NES2/Famicom2, SNES/Super Famicom/SNES/Super Famicom2, N64, GameCube, Wii with two add-on Famicom Disk System and 64DD plus the Game & Watch Series, Gameboy series (Gameboy, Pocket, Color, Advance, SP, Micro) and DS series (DS, DS lite, DSi, DSixl, 3DS) and Virtual Boy...
    I have 6 of the original 8 Bit consoles all the old style front loading. I also have a N64, Super Nintendo, Wii, Gameboy Advance, and Virtual Boy. I have owned the Original Gameboy (several including a full size store display with TV monitor), Pocket Color, SP, DS, and DS Lite. I've owned so many consoles it's ridiculous. I used to work at Toys R Us, and bought just about everything that was released when I worked there. Somewhere there is a thread where I listed my entire collection not just my Nintendo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyDoggy View Post
    I have 6 of the original 8 Bit consoles all the old style front loading. I also have a N64, Super Nintendo, Wii, Gameboy Advance, and Virtual Boy. I have owned the Original Gameboy (several including a full size store display with TV monitor), Pocket Color, SP, DS, and DS Lite. I've owned so many consoles it's ridiculous. I used to work at Toys R Us, and bought just about everything that was released when I worked there. Somewhere there is a thread where I listed my entire collection not just my Nintendo stuff.
    oh nvm lol. I'd probably was tired last night and misread your post lol. Right now, I only have 8/9 games for my NES with 3 more on the way from ebay.