Thread: teddies

Default teddies

My home is having new heating next week so my mum has been clearing things away. Anyway she came upon and has movd out my childood "collection" of teddies. 3 bin liners full.
    Now don't worry they arent being skipped, I'd never let that happen. But there must be about 150 of them that I've had and hugged as a kid. And now as a big child I still have them + one more.

Now as an AB I sleep with a couple and have a few more ontop of a wardrobe. One inparticular goes with me most places (He's under my arm as I type), Raccy, a big raccoon. I've had since I was about 5.

This got me thinking though.

I dunno about you guys, whether your abism meant a fresh flood of teds or whether you looked into childhoods gone but what exactly makes your teddy, well, yours?
    Was yours someone you found as a kid, given to you? Handed down?
    Or was your someone you met recently?

To everyone I'm sure they mean the world but why? lol

I just got my first real stuffed animal as an AB. It is a stuffed shark, and I have yet to name him.

my favourite is my bolt, because he is my fursona and also make me feel childish
    i dont really have ones i had as a kid

i have an entire box full (i've never thrown even a single stuffed animal away) but my favorites i line up in my bedroom for decoration, they all have different stories but my favorite has got to be, puss in boots, from Shreck, I'm not quite sure where i got him from.

<-- My Buzzy (The bear in my avatar) is my favorite. My mother gave him to me when I was half a year old, and I have had him ever since. I will take him with me to the grave!

The overalls he is wearing were mine originally, but I quickly grew out of them, so she put them on him, and they have not come off except when he gets cleaned.

I have some other teddies that I bought over the past 5 years or so. A couple are of the same style as Buzzy, but none of them will replace him.

I had a stuffed Raphael (sp?) ninja turtle when I was little, I loved the black off of the eyes many times, my mom always re-drew them with a sharpie lol

Sandy, my polar bear he's about a foot and a half tall and a bit chunky lol had him since my baby shower. As a taller guy, he's the perfect size for me plus I have a rabbit and a frog that croaks, both from my very early childhood.

i have my mogu courgue plushie teddy if you know what that is. i have yet to give him a name but his great to snuggle close with and sleep with.

While I do have some keepsake plushies in a box in my mom's shed, I have 2 new ones that are my main ones. I have Lord Kinsington, a stuffed walrus that Daddy got me for Valentine's Day, and then I have 'adopted' Tubby, my Daddy's teddy bear that his mom gave him when he was born. They mean a lot to me because one was a gift, the other because I know it means a lot to my Daddy, so I take care of him when he is at work. : 3 (I really need a picture of them together!)

Hi Iím baby Justin. Now I had an elmo when I was a kid that I wouldnt leave the house without he was my nap partner in preschool the teacher thought I was adorable the way I carried him around but I lost him when I was 7 after that I got a husky named grimm at build a bear I use to keep him really close but now hesitance just one of my sleeping partners my favorite is a stitch plushie that my grandma got me when she went to disney world in orlando florida u.s.a. I take stitch almost everywhere and I wonít sleep without him I get scared without him sleeping with me and then I have nightmares and I scream and cry plus he help make me happy when im sad or lonely or im just sad cause I weally miss my mommy who passed away when I was only 5