Thread: Jake's latest conceptual setup

Exclamation Jake's latest conceptual setup

Alright, as many of you know <or at least should know> I was choosing speaker sizes a while back, it was decided on 12's by the forum voters, so I am staying with 12s, and the next thing I need is an amp, so I slapped my mojo on it, and found one

Parts Express:Pyle P1001AT 1000W Amplifier with Preamp & AM/FM Tuner

heres the specs off of it if you dont want to go to the website right now :

Features and Specifications: *Power output: 2 x 450 watts (1 kHz, peak power @ 2 ohms), 2 x 360 watts (1 kHz, peak power @ 4 ohms), 2 x 200 watts (1 kHz, peak power @ 8 ohms) *Frequency response: 40-15,000 Hz (2 dB) *Two stereo RCA inputs *Stereo RCA record line-level output *Stereo RCA preamp output *Adjustable dual mono subwoofer outputs *Two 1/4" microphone inputs *3.5 mm stereo input *1/4" headphone output *AM/FM quartz synthesized tuner with auto station seek *Built-in rack ears *Dimensions: 3.1" H x 19" W x 13" D.

its a beast :3, got blue backlights on all the knobs :3, so its definitly going to be my next amp, :3

tell me what you think of it, or any thing you think I could add to this :3

Until then, Jake out

Remember, if you can't hear after turning it needs to be louder

Sounds good to me. Remember that you can't play louder than you speakers can handle, so always invest well in speakers. I have Infinity Beta 50's with the Infinity Beta 360 center speaker, and a big Polk Audio subwoofer. I also play in a band, so there I use Mackie SRM 450's, but of course we're talking strictly stereo and not surround. It's fun to be heard into the next county, but I wear ear plugs when playing out.

I've got some beastly Mackie MR5's. They don't even need a subwoofer because the low frequency response on them is so good. I have them hooked up to my mixer that acts as a preamp/receiver, which runs to my computer.

Your amp there seems really nice, it also looks like it has a nice frequency response range. Just don't break any windows

The windows are a good point. I just had to turn down my sub because it was shaking the windows, a very annoying sound.