Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Blues

Default Shipping Blues

Wow... it's been a while. I've been keeping real busy lately... anyhow, back on topic...

I was going to order some abena x-plus's, but I have no idea how I could pull it off. My mom works, and gets home at 5:30 monday-thursday, 8:30 fridays, and around 12:30 on saturday (it varies somewhat widely). She isn't the real problem, though. My brother rides the same bus home as me, may sister gets home even earlier, my older brother only has college every other day, excluding sunday, and my father is unemployed.

I know that if I'm discovered, no excuse will fly; they will open the box, or check the label, which will be likely to contain no info about it's contents. What can I do about getting them home?

(PS: I'm 17 on sunday of this week, can't drive, and I'm a junior in high school, arriving home at about 2:30 to 3:00)

Well some companies may give you the option to have it shipped on a specified day for an extra charge, if you know of a day where it's be the easiest to retrieve the package. If they don't proactively offer this service, send them an email and ask about it, because chances are they've heard it before and may be able to help you out. No luck? You can always try telling them that a package is coming and it's a gift for someone and ask them not to open it for this reason.
    Another thing you might want to think about is buying your diapers from a drugstore (see if you can't catch a bus or get a ride sometime). This way, you have total control of how they get to your house. Inconvinient, yes, but probably less stressful than sitting in class and fearing that you may have been found out back home.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyRaimuneko View Post
    Well some companies may give you the option to have it shipped on a specified day for an extra charge, if you know of a day where it's be the easiest to retrieve the package. If they don't proactively offer this service, send them an email and ask about it, because chances are they've heard it before and may be able to help you out. No luck? You can always try telling them that a package is coming and it's a gift for someone and ask them not to open it for this reason.
    Another thing you might want to think about is buying your diapers from a drugstore (see if you can't catch a bus or get a ride sometime). This way, you have total control of how they get to your house. Inconvinient, yes, but probably less stressful than sitting in class and fearing that you may have been found out back home.
    the whole problem with this is quality. Drugstore diapers are, well, drugstore diapers. Low quality, depends quality. Unless you are suggesting that I can order abenas through the store?

Eeek! I was not at all suggesting drugstore brand diapers. In fact, I strongly advise against them having bad experiences at your age. Some pharmacies, I believe, do sell Abenas (and I thought I saw them at a Wal*Mart once). If not, ask the pharmacist to order some for you. If you check some pharmacy websites, some have the awesome site-to-store shipping where they ship your order to the store for you to pick up and take home yourself. Look around them and see what you learn and find.

Eeek! I was not at all suggesting drugstore brand diapers. In fact, I strongly advise against them having bad experiences at your age. Some pharmacies, I believe, do sell Abenas (and I thought I saw them at a Wal*Mart once). If not, ask the pharmacist to order some for you. If you check some pharmacy websites, some have the awesome site-to-store shipping where they ship your order to the store for you to pick up and take home yourself. Look around them and see what you learn and find.
    How unfortunate... We only have a local drugstore around for like 50 miles. I doubt that they order... and all that's on the shelves are depends. I got a pack this summer... and, wouldn't you know it... I was disappointed!

and by local drugstore, I mean it's family operated, and we're in a rural area, so if someone knows my secret, the whole school knows.

That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you even have a Wal*Mart nearby? If not, do you have any close friends who know about this? You can see if they wouldn't mind you shipping to their place for you to pick up discreetly.

That's horrible, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you even have a Wal*Mart nearby? If not, do you have any close friends who know about this? You can see if they wouldn't mind you shipping to their place for you to pick up discreetly.
    Hmmm... let me think.....

The nearest wal-mart is in the closest "city" (sometimes, mine doesn't even appear on maps :X) which is about 50 miles away. None of my friends know... some of them might just go with "please don't open it; so-and-so will kill me if the seal's broken!" or something similar.... just as long as their parents don't decide to sneak a peek... It's a nice idea. Once I can drive again... I'll do that. Or something similar. Excursions to the city are common for my family, so, until I get a job, my parents probably wouldn't think much of it if I went in to pick something up, order something, etc.

That sucks dude, I live in a small town too, so I know your pain.

Well, whatever you decide to do, make sure it works for ya.

I'd hold off for a while if I were in that position. Sounds far to risky. Who knows, maybe in a few weeks plans will change and the opportunity to order some will rise. That or go with the ever disappointing depends until you can get something better.