Thread: highmat cd recovery?

Default highmat cd recovery?

a little while ago, my pc got infected, courtesy of a front-page virus which attacked and diasbled most .exe progs. wanting to back up my most recent files (inc. my last picture posts), i had to resort to the windows xp cd burning junky thing (highmat). now, with a reformatted hard-drive, i can't access the cd and, when the pc does manage to recognise a cd, it shows it as though it's an open session disc, but it's still not accessible through any application.
    i've tried cmd, various diskinternals apps and lots of other freeware apps, but i still can't access the cd. the cd is also not readable on other computers.
    any ideas?
    thanks in advance.

I know this isn't much use for you know, but for future reference, if you need to back up a virus riddled system, use a Linux LiveCD. You don't know how much of the system functions.

I'm not familiar with the program you used to write the CD, but if nothing can read it, it sounds like it is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    I'm not familiar with the program you used to write the CD, but if nothing can read it, it sounds like it is junk.
    it's definitely junk; it's part of windows, but windows stopped supporting it a while back. it was just a last resort as none of my usual programs would work.