Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost memories?

Default Lost memories?

Hey guys, I didn't know whether to post this in Diaper talk or in the off-topic, but, my parents found out and have been trying to figure why in the world how I would become a DL, but as that topic came up it made me wonder, why would I lose my childhood memories, I remember like 3 things from 3-7. Is anyone else like this? WTF?

if you don't think about your past the memories fade. Best way to keep old memories is to recall them from time to time.

you probably wont believe this but i remember like a picture of memory from when i was 13 months old, i was sitting in the airport playing with legos sound unbelievable doesnt it? well its true. i have a great long term memory but a very poor short term, i remember things throughout my whole life!

I remember as I go through my memories I was really sick on time and had to go to the hospital, I was very weak and I couldn't hold my bladder very well so I had an accident in broad daylight. I was then taken care of by the sweetest nurse, i think she knew I was gonna become an AB/DL. XD I'm gonna post a thread about this story with more detail.

Memories for me can be a distraction and a birdon on occasions since most are negative and depressing for me. But I do learn from them and recall the positive.

Though my memory these days is so bad that is I were to put my wallet down for like 5 seconds, I eventually get to the point where I thought it was stolen. xD

the only salvation for my poor memory is consistency. When I lose something, after I find it, I don't put it back where I got it. I put it in the first place I went looking for it.

Next time I go looking for it, I can be assured I'll have (1) forgotten where I finally found it previously, and (2) will find it in the first place I look for it this time. (since I will start my search at the same place I did last time - consistency)

I've explained that simple memory trick to many people and nobody seems to find it very clever... I think it's brilliant myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverFadeAway View Post
    Hey guys, I didn't know whether to post this in Diaper talk or in the off-topic, but, my parents found out and have been trying to figure why in the world how I would become a DL, but as that topic came up it made me wonder, why would I lose my childhood memories, I remember like 3 things from 3-7. Is anyone else like this? WTF?
    That would be disturbing to me, however my wife has lost a lot of her childhood memories. She is on a dialysis machine, however, and I think that may have contributed. Since you haven't posted your age, I could postulate that if you are much older, it could be age related, but I'm guessing you are young, or at least, too young for that to be a reason. Have you had a head injury or other odd conditions?

If everything is normal then I'm going with a past poster, that you may have not made a conscious effort to remember your past. I did as a child, so a lot of my memories of my childhood are memories of memories, if that makes sense. If your childhood was not important to you until now, you brain may have cleared them to make room for new memories. In so doing, it didn't back up those memories, like mine did when I recalled events again and again. Once gone, I suppose there's nothing you can do other than to question older relatives who can fill in the blanks for you.

I have a few things I can remember in vivid detail, other things my parents tell me I did and I'm like "I did that?!?!" Most memories come when something triggers them, like I'll be eating an ice cream cone and remember a time when I made ice cream at a camp when I was like 6.

I only remember being 4 days away from turning 4. (July 4th, 1997) It was independence day, and many hundreds of people were in the fields behind my house to watch the fireworks. My parents were having a party, and I ran off....
    They closed off the whole area of town that I live in, and didn't let anybody in or out. They checked every car, and searched the harbor from police boats.
    Eventually an officer on a bike found me playing at the playground. (Obvious place to look, no?) He took me home, and my mom beat the crap out of me. I haven't ran away since...

Besides this, my earliest memories are from kindergarten, when I never payed attention, and was always in "my own world" this was before the ADD epidemic hit grade schools everywhere, so I was never diagnosed... But I still took Aderol XR for my SAT this morning.