Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gays and *B/DLs Alike

AndrewThatsMyName

Default Gays and *B/DLs Alike

Well i have a theory. In recent news, I have been seeing news stories about Gays who kill themselves when they are reject by their peers. Are we so different than them? We have a hard time alike, coming out to tell family, friends, and bfs or gfs. Are we truly so different from them, worrying whether or not we will be discriminated from our peers/public? Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronMan View Post
    Are we truly so different from them, worrying whether or not we will be discriminated from our peers/public? Think about it...
    assuming that you mean homosexuals, as it would be hard to be gay and not be 'out', i'd say that we do share certain social difficulties but, it's really noboby else's business what one prefers (be it body-shapes or underwears) and it need never be.

AndrewThatsMyName

Yeah, I mean homo-sexuals. I'm not exactly good with the nameing or what not, but I think you know what I mean.

Very true. I am a M2F trans, yet I am attracted to both genders. I have continence problems and am diapered 24/7/365.
    I would love to hear from others ab/dl's who are diapered.

Well, when was the last time you saw or heard someone beating up or kicking another kid down the stairs while screaming at him, calling him a teen baby or diaper lover (or even a pedophile, if they're going to be that bigoted and ignorant about it)? There's no way to tell if someone is a *B/DL unless you tell someone, or they catch you doing something of that nature. There's no distinctive talk, or walk, or way of acting that is stereotypical of a *B/DL, like there is for homosexuals. Kids being bullied and called a "God damn fucking queer!" has little to do with whether or not they are actually gay. It's the perception of weakness, of being less of a man, no, less of a human being, that leads to being targeted. Being different. The more noticeable the difference, the worse (generally speaking). Everyone has something to come out about. From "Mom, Dad…I'm gay!" (or maybe "Dad, Dad…this is hard to say, but…I'm straight!"), to "Dad, I'm giving up my football scholarship to go to art college" or "My name is_________, and I'm an alcoholic". True, us *B/DL/BF/LG/Whateverthefreakyouares may have more cause to fear rejection, because, well…I mean, that's why this forum is here, so that we can communicate with people of like interests, kinks and lifestyles without fear of judgement or rejection. Look at the countless number of people on this site whose parents don't understand, or try to ignore it, or send them to a psychiatrist. We're all different (hella cliché, I know) and we all on some level fear rejection for our differences. Just so long as you don't reject yourself, things will work out alright. If you can feel truly comfortable in your own skin, then it don't matter what the haters say.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by Denise2671 View Post
    Very true. I am a M2F trans, yet I am attracted to both genders. I have continence problems and am diapered 24/7/365.
    I would love to hear from others ab/dl's who are diapered.
    If you want to speak to other AB/DLs who wear diapers due to incontinence then there is an incontinence sub-forum under the diaper talk board. You may find some support there if you want to speak to others who need, rather than choose, to wear diapers 24/7: Incontinence

"Just so long as you don't reject yourself, things will work out alright. If you can feel truly comfortable in your own skin, then it don't matter what the haters say."
    Yes, I was given lots of crap at school for being different, but, I reached a kill or cure point at about the age of 21, In the end and after a lot of struggle I realised that I was happy with who I am, I am kind, honest, considerate and apart from my kinks/furry etc I am a GOOD person. I am happy with who I am, if others don`t like it well TOUGH.

Butterfly Mage

From a legal standpoint, ABDLs don't actually face any legislative stigma whatsoever, whilst the GLBT has been under relentless social and legal attack since 2000. Since Bush took office, there have been 41 states that amended their state constitutions to exclude gays and lesbians from receiving legal parity with straights. Prop-8 wasn't about ABDLs, it was about Mormons and Catholics banding together to kick gays in the face. The rightwing fundamentalist group NOM isn't targeting ABDLs. There's no Republican politician that equated wearing diapers to being a member of a terrorist cell (like they have equated homosexuality to terrorism).

So, really, ABDLs don't face even 1% of the harassment that gays and lesbians do every day.

It's always been the case that in younger communities there'll always be some groups that pick on other individuals that are different. Gay, DL, doesn't really make any difference why you're different. They do it to have something in common with their group. One way to improve your self-image is to lower someone else's, and doing it as a group just intensifies the effect, so that's why it's so common in schools. A group of kids fix their self-image problem by making yours worse.

It's not limited to kids though. It's an established fact that a group scan strengthen its bond by collectively oppressing another group.

And some people just aren't emotionally able to cope with that sort of treatment. Then you get the few of those that are already in a bad situation, and it sometimes leads to tragedy.

The more "different" you are from the norm of course, the more intense it gets.

Were all similar. I'm bi and an ABDL. One is something caused either by nature- biological or by nuture, how one is raised and / or media.

ABDL is a fetish. Altruistic but cold hard facts, if you don't like this fact, reread it and find somthing you missed in how you understand it.

Both are nice.

Hey all you homophobes, shouldn't we nuke Iraq and Iran instead hearing your B.S. about us?
    Last edited by matthew1983; 12-Oct-2010 at 06:15. Reason: typo, oopsie.